North Georgia

D-Mac

Hey guys! I’m going to be in Marietta Georgia for about all of March for training. Anyways I’m hoping to have weekends free to do a little e plotting and some fishing. I’m just curious if anyone has some must go to spots they’d be willing to share? Or conversely if there are places I simply shouldn’t go haha. I’ve heard the state park around Altoona Lake is pretty. Thanks in advance!

What type of fishing? North Georgia is home to some pretty nice fishing. The Chattahoochee is probably your all around best bet. Pretty nice tailwater fishing below several damns. As you head north there are several delayed harvest streams that are nice. The amicalola is my favorite. The one I've never fished that I intend to is the chatuge. For those of you that are movie buffs, that is where deliverance was filmed. Good native and wild trout water with a delayed harvest section. The cohutta wilderness area is the largest east of the Mississippi and has the conasauga and Jack's river for some Brook trout fishing. I've never done that one but on my list. Never have time for more than just short day trips. I'm less in the know about crappie, catfish or bass but tons of opportunity.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back