Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

North Carolina Bull Elk

tarheel

The wife and I drove up to the Great Smokies this week to see the changing of the colors and spotted this guy chewing his cud in the middle of a grass field in the National Park. Word is that each of the cows observed this summer had a calf with them, so maybe I'll see a hunting season for them in my lifetime. This is the best I could do with full zoom and VGA format.

Attachments

• DSC01108.JPG
    DSC01108.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 367
When will they re-introduce the wolves next?

Did that years ago! They, in all their infinite wisdom, reintroduced the "red wolf" to a large area of land on the Eastern side in the sound country, situated between bodies of water and cut off from land entirely by coastal channels and creeks. They must have thought these overgrown coyotes couldn't swim or would have no curiosity as to what was across the creek and why they weren't being a part of it. It really raised a stink down East, but I haven't heard much about it in recent years. Maybe the arrival of the coyote made it a moot point.

We have plenty of 'yotes ! See them more than I care to. Charlotte, Raleigh, Greenville, New Bern. "They're Heeerrreee" !

But as far as Mr. Elkie gors, we can only hope, and wait. In the mean time there are 3-4 whitetail does, and a buck, from Scotland Neck, that has my name awaiting a tag !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back