North Cache - rifle elk early (Sept. 14)

idahobighorn

Has anyone hunted the North Cache elk unit in the last few years? Recently, my dad drew an early (any weapon) bull tag in the unit and I am looking for some areas to start scouting. I realize it's going to be tough to get a big bull but we have horses and we are planning to spend a lot of time in the unit before it opens on Sept. 14. I am somewhat familar with the unit and have spent some time in upper Beaver Creek (on the Idaho border), Tony Grove, and the Bunchgrass Creek areas. We plan to scout the area in mid-July and again on Labor Day weekend. Any suggestions or ideas on areas to try would be greatly Appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance if you want to help me out! PM's are welcome!

My brother drew the late tag this year and lives in the area. It's also where I grew up and hunted it for years. The places you mentioned are all good areas. I did have a buddy take a nice archery bull 2 years ago around Tony Grove. He said there were a lot of elk and they were rutting hard. I think any of the areas you mentioned would be good starting points. Good luck!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back