Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

North Bridger Range 393

Beartooth83

I'm planning on making one more late season trip out to MT. Archery in the breaks was a bust..several close calls, just not the right opportunity. I'm thinking the north end of 393 in the Bridgers...namely north of Flathead Pass. Anybody have any luck up that way this year?

Elk population is high there, as is pressure and checkerboarded private lands. Many elk will likely be pushed onto private by this time of year.

I spent most of the fall in that area and it was a bust, good luck! The last time in was opening of rifle and I gave it up, headed to greener pastures.

Beartooth.........I can assure you, there isn't a person on the planet who has spent more time covering every inch of the bridger mountain range than me......Especially the area you are targeting. I had a moose tag and I ran into 7 different bull moose in that area. That is 5 more moose than elk I saw in many, many days. In fact, it would be the last place in montana I would go look for an elk right now.

Up to you but I would nearly guarantee a total bust:)

I appreciate the insight, crtittergitter. Especially since I'm not able to spend as much time out there as I would like. Perhaps I'll abandon the late season elk hunt ans fish the Bighorn instead. That way I'm pretty much guarenteed NOT to bust! Thanks again.

Was up there this weekend and last looking for a good muley, not much for good deer, but ran into cows and bulls both weekends.

Was up there this weekend and last looking for a good muley, not much for good deer, but ran into cows and bulls both weekends.

Interesting.........I found a heck of a deer but no elk;) Did see elk on private but not so much on the public.

Saw lots of boot tracks following moose tracks, which would lead me to believe that there are a few clowns that can't tell the difference and thought they were chasing a huge bull elk:)

Interesting.........I found a heck of a deer but no elk;) Did see elk on private but not so much on the public.

Saw lots of boot tracks following moose tracks, which would lead me to believe that there are a few clowns that can't tell the difference and thought they were chasing a huge bull elk:)

Lots of flat-tops and a few smaller bucks, my buddy jumped a moose cow
& calf.

What constitutes lots? Was out spotting last night with the fresh snow and didn't see an animal on the mountain. I think my total for muleys on the mountain is 1 buck and 8 does.

Somewhere around 15 or so... All mulies, was seeing a couple whitetail s mixed in with them last year, but they seem to be all gone this year.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back