No Western Hunts This Year

Wayne Lau

Well,
Won't be going on any hunts out west this year. Besides loosing two dear friends, had a hunt planned for Southern NM, Which was a smelly outcome.
Been emailing for months, starting last year and making which I thought was a sure hunt. I should have knew better when I was having trouble getting a contract sent. Well, The guide cold and said he lost the part of the ranch my buddy and I had to our selfs on a Muzzle Loader MuleDeer hunt.
The timing was the end of March, which is the dead line one alot of other place to put in for license. That also didn't give us time to study for another place, and even put anymore trust into another guide some where else.
There's more bad luck, I didn't draw on a special Handicaped Elk Hunt in AZ. Also, I put infor a Special Bull Elk Hunt in Colo. and didn't get in there.
One of my good friends died thes summer comming back from a Canada fishing trip. Then My wife said, Someone up there is telling you , Not to go on a trip this year!! I agreed.
I will try for one next year.
PLEASE, Is there anyone out there that can help me with my friend, find a place out west, to hunt Bull Elk or MuleDeer.
I am in a wheelchair,a Para, and I hunt with the use of an ATV. This can be Bow, but would preferr Gun, Muzzle Loader or Rifle.
I have tried with letters to other chat sites and seem to get part way and then it ends there with the same results. No hunting place.
I do appreciate all your time and do hope some day to get an email from someone that knows of aplace I will beable to try for a hunters dream...Thanks....Wayne Lau... From Northeastern Iowa...

God Bless America !!!

WAYNE... We'll keep an eye out for ya bro....

LONG time no see.. LOOKS like You've been busy and had some hard times. TAKE care bud !!!

That was fast!!
Thanks!! I am looking forward to our Deer Season, I love to Bow hunt here, Watch four Bucks out back sparing last night.
That gets a person in the mode. Usally when I go out west I miss the best time to hunt here, Our Strong rut is the first two weeks in Nov. and that my best time to see alot of big boys.
Don't know what to do about the CWD, we're not far across the Miss. from The place in WISC> where they have it.
I think that everyone is scared because we're not educated on how to really handle the deer to be really safe. Need some seminors around here to educate eveyone.
My family aready said NO to eating any deer this year, I give most or not all away anyway.
Well, thanks for the reply, will be reading on....Good Hunting to you....Wayne Lau

Hi Moosie,
Ya Been some year, seems like I always doing some thing, I go on the river alot, I have a deck boat on a dock and all I have to do is wheel on and go.
The family and I spend most of the summer on the sand bars when I'm not fishing.
Thats one of the big beauties of this area, The Mississippi and the surrounding hills. We call it Gods Country.
AND maybe some day I will learn how to use all these things to put with my letters like everyone else, AND learn how to spell...Ha!!!

Again, take care and will be seing ya soon... An Iowan ,,,Wayne ;)

That really sucks!!! I have had a number of years that things just didn't happen right and didn't get to even go out and hunt...Hope the best for you though!!!
:(

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-25-2002 06:55: Message edited by: ELKCHSR ]</font>

The Guide came down on his price of 1500$ to 750$. I think that he got a full price from other hunters, instead of ours.
I didn't have the tags bought yet, because you can buy them over the counter when you get there. Good thing I didn't send for them.
Finally found a friend that moved from one place to another in Northern Idaho, where 3 years ago he help me get my one and only Bull elk.
His son works for the DNR and say the heard there is pretty good and I should come out there next fall. Might do a Bow & Arrow hunt instead of gun.
That's one thing I remember about that area , there were plenty of wallows. And there was miles of land and roads I was able to hunt from.
Most of that land up there is own by Logging Company's, anyway, some thing in that order. The people are hunting there because they closed the plant down.
Well, won't dwell on the past will be planning next years hunt..
Back to the drawing board and etc.
Talk to you all later.....Wayne

I finnally got with a friend that i hunted with in Idaho three years ago, my first Bull Elk, a 4x5, He moved and i couldn't find or connect with him since .
Finally found someone who knew where he and his family went.
Was glad to hear from me and wants me to come out next year and try again in his area.that's around Orofino, unit 8A. Says there is alot of private land there and (might) get permission for me to hunt on. Do any of you guys know of this area?
I don't know if I should Gun hunt or Bow hunt.
Later...Wayne :D

Hey Wayne,
Try starting a new post with the name of the area in the subject. There's lots of guys here from ID...that will ensure that they all see it. Hope you get some good info. Good luck next year!

Oak

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back