No points, Looking for 2020 OTC Pronghorn

TN_Rifle_Junkie

So now that the 2019 season is full swing. I am looking for advice for the 2020 season.

It is on my bucket list to do a Pronghorn hunt as a spot and stalk OTC. Are there unit in any of the western states that have legal antelopes worth hunting with no points?

I am going towards goHunt in the near future, but I want to start planning now, for next year.

Im pretty sure nebraska offers otc archery pronghorn to non res. You can do spot and stalk with a bow. NW corner of the state probably has public you could find pronghorn on. If you wanna hunt with a rifle, look at what states had leftovers available for non res this year. I'm sure you could find some options that way too.

Werty, absolutely correct. I'll look in the "archives". The answers are usually there.

Thanks for the ideas for WY. I just bought points for MT elk hunt, why not invest in PH too.

I'll also look into leftover and low point count units across all the Western States with goHunt soon. Thank you for the replies. It is very appreciated.

With one point going in to next year's draw you'll have some options. Sort of depends on what your definition of "worth hunting" is. For me, it's a legal antelope. For you, it might be a 75" buck, which will be a stretch (not impossible, but a real stretch) with one point.

With one point going in to next year's draw you'll have some options. Sort of depends on what your definition of "worth hunting" is. For me, it's a legal antelope. For you, it might be a 75" buck, which will be a stretch (not impossible, but a real stretch) with one point.
Exactly! Does make for a fine hunt, and you need no points.

My buddy and I drew tags in Wyoming, with decent public access, without any points for this year. But I also bought a point for next time i apply. So it can be done, but do yourself a favor and buy a point.

Yea a point in Wyoming will get your foot into some units that have public access especially in the special draw. Some good OTC units in Colorado however you’d need private access

My youngest daughter and I drew doe antelope tags in Wyoming with no points, but that's not unusual either. This will be our first 'western' hunt, so were stoked about it! She even scored a doe deer tag!

My youngest daughter and I drew doe antelope tags in Wyoming with no points, but that's not unusual either. This will be our first 'western' hunt, so were stoked about it! She even scored a doe deer tag!
WOW!!! That is awesome. Hoping to hear how it goes and what you learn along the way. Good Luck!!!

Back