No mule deer stamp, but a pretty great whitetail

Knight.54

On the shores of the Graveyard of the Atlantic
I’ve spent just enough time in KS to know there are some big deer there. Both muleys and whitetails. I’ve drawn the mule deer stamp twice, killed a nice one one year and hunted an even bigger one without ever getting a shot another year.
This year I applied again and did not get the mule deer stamp but received the whitetail only tag.
With this being 2020 I didn’t know if I would even get to go. I let the plans lay in limbo until late in the game. Then I got invited on a pheasant hunt that just happened to be in the unit my deer tag was valid for, ah ha.
So off i went, side by side 16 and .45 T/C in tow.
I had a great trip.
This is my biggest whitetail to date.
I love that puff of smoke.312C0E7F-7482-4047-B542-4DC9D2C0A19D.jpeg

Heck of a buck, Kansas is such a cool state. Everytime I drive through I tell myself I need to hunt there one of these years

Congratulations on a really fine buck. Hope you got into some good pheasant action as well.

That pasture doesn't look like there is much left over for grazers. Hopefully western Kansas will see plentiful moisture this winter and go into the spring with renewal.

I’ve spent just enough time in KS to know there are some big deer there. Both muleys and whitetails. I’ve drawn the mule deer stamp twice, killed a nice one one year and hunted an even bigger one without ever getting a shot another year.
This year I applied again and did not get the mule deer stamp but received the whitetail only tag.
With this being 2020 I didn’t know if I would even get to go. I let the plans lay in limbo until late in the game. Then I got invited on a pheasant hunt that just happened to be in the unit my deer tag was valid for, ah ha.
So off i went, side by side 16 and .45 T/C in tow.
I had a great trip.
This is my biggest whitetail to date.
I love that puff of smoke.View attachment 166978
Love it! Kansas whitetails are bucket list for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back