No knead crusty bread

Apricot jam or honey would work. Or just eat the whole plate full...
It came out pretty good, but I think I can do better. I should have let it rise longer. It's a little dense, but very palatable. My first yeast bread experience. It took Mrs a lot of experimentation to get our environment variables right when we moved here. She makes it look so easy.

It came out pretty good, but I think I can do better. I should have let it rise longer. It's a little dense, but very palatable. My first yeast bread experience. It took Mrs a lot of experimentation to get our environment variables right when we moved here. She makes it look so easy.
What's your altitude? That and the humidity make the most difference in the rise. Still better than most store bought bread,IMHO.

Well, since it's going to blow outside bad today I might as well make some. I'll have hot bread with dinner.
You may have solved my bread issues - I have tried to bake bread and failed badly up here, unless I use the Krusteze sourdough mix, which kinda defeats the purpose. We're at 6500', hopefully will get similar results. I'll add a teeny bit more water for the altitude. May be baking tomorrow!

David
White Rock, NM

You may have solved my bread issues - I have tried to bake bread and failed badly up here, unless I use the Krusteze sourdough mix, which kinda defeats the purpose. We're at 6500', hopefully will get similar results. I'll add a teeny bit more water for the altitude. May be baking tomorrow!

David
White Rock, NM
Try letting it rise in the fridge overnight in the cooking dish. I mix and then let it rise in the pre-greased cast iron dutch oven, then take that out to finish rising in the warm kitchen, on the stove.
It never drops and re rises. Witch it does not do very well in NM @ 7500'.
Even the Sage bakery folks would have a tough time ,if they were any higher or if the bakery was not warm...all the time.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back