Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

No idea how to give up

I’ll be blunt. You seem to struggle to find happiness or satisfaction in your circumstance. You are focusing on the outcome and not the process. It’s going to be pretty hard to find happiness in hunting, or much else for that matter if that’s your focus.

Are you sure? I looked on their website and the eastern units are non accessible public closed in by private so it's pay to trespass, and the middle state units take 3 or more points. What did I get wrong?
Not entirely true. MOST of the land is private and many of the tiny 1 sq mile state land are not accessible. However, there are a few 1 sq mile state land where public roads come into contact with that you can hunt. Sounds hopeless except that there are antelope on every sq mile of land in eastern WY. You only need 1 sq mile.

Not entirely true. MOST of the land is private and many of the tiny 1 sq mile state land are not accessible. However, there are a few 1 sq mile state land where public roads come into contact with that you can hunt. Sounds hopeless except that there are antelope on every sq mile of land in eastern WY. You only need 1 sq mile.
Well hell.... I like the sound of that!

Are you sure? I looked on their website and the eastern units are non accessible public closed in by private so it's pay to trespass, and the middle state units take 3 or more points. What did I get wrong?
I hunted one of those eastern units, with a grand total of 5 publicly accessible parcels in the entire unit and filled three tags in under 24 hours. If you haven't been out there, you're grossly underestimating how many antelope there are.

I hunted one of those eastern units, with a grand total of 5 publicly accessible parcels in the entire unit and filled three tags in under 24 hours. If you haven't been out there, you're grossly underestimating how many antelope there are.
So, you're saying I can buy more than one tag too?

When I took my son there he got real excited as we drove up from the south and he began counting antelope. After a while he stopped counting and eventually became disillusioned and said "Dad, this is going to be too easy"

When I took my son there he got real excited as we drove up from the south and he began counting antelope. After a while he stopped counting and eventually became disillusioned and said "Dad, this is going to be too easy"
Not to hijack OP's thread but man I can't wait to hunt antelope in Wyoming. I hunted antelope in New Mexico and got a good buck but numbers weren't anything like the antelope I've seen while driving through your neck of the woods.

My girlfriend and I are saving up points for a unit we can really roam around in. We won't be able to go until we're out of school anyway so I figure why not.

I’ll be blunt. You seem to struggle to find happiness or satisfaction in your circumstance. You are focusing on the outcome and not the process. It’s going to be pretty hard to find happiness in hunting, or much else for that matter if that’s your focus.
This season I was much more amiable. At least until the 2nd last day of my trip. Saw no deer but was pleased I was flushing 30 to 40 chukar at a time in places. It was beautiful country.
In the end a lot more hunters came in and I found myself having to get up earlier to race them to the top of the mountain. In several areas guys left their camp to head home but left behind toilet paper and piles of shit in multiple places. In the long run I left earlier considering I was racing a guy up the hill who saw me getting my pack together at my truck. He drove around me up the 2 track I had intended to walk. I climbed the hill anyways and getting to the top while he parked down below I came across 3 other hunters that had come up from my left. I said hello and don't worry, I'm in the wrong place. Turned my back to them while they apologized for not seeing me. I walked to my truck, threw my rifle in the back seat. Hoped in and drove 6 hours to home.
I'll definitely be back to hunt birds though.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back