No Country for Old Men

Oak

Expert
Went to see this one the other day. It was a pretty good flick, but left me thinking WTF at the end. Tommy Lee Jones is definately being typecast these days as the old, worn out southwest county sheriff. Javier Bardem is one BAD dude in that movie, but kinda funny, in a sick sort of way. :D

Good movie. Bardem pretty much rules. Coen Bros. movies are among my favorites.

I loved it. Going to have watch it again to catch everything. Great flick because it was so out of the box thinking with its plot.

I was on a javelina hunt in February and the guy I was hunting with brought his trailer trail and he had a DVD/TV set up so we watched the movie. Awesome movie, who can remember ever seeing a shotgun with a silencer before and killing folks with the cattle killer thing was a new one as well. I didn't care for the ending either, but the movie did leave an impression, JLG.

I rented it today. Only one WTF moment for me. it was when Tommy Lee goes back to the crime scene at the motel and sees the lock was popped out from the guys nail gun thingy. Then they show the killer in the shadows of the room hiding with his gun. Then Tommy lee goes in, finds nothing, but sees the heating duct cover off. WTF?? how did the killer get out?

I took the killer in the room scene as a flashback, after Tommy Lee goes in. The suspense when he went in, though, was good. Either that, or the killer left when Tommy Lee went into the bathroom.

Does the book end the same way? (A simple yes or no works if you don't want to give away the ending.)

It was meant to trigger subliminal viewer self-questioning - those left confused with this particular scene are also confused with their own gender and sexuality.

The killer got the money, right? That's what the open duct vent showed. I think the message at the end is that there's only one sheriff in those counties and there's lots of crooks. The Mexicans, who send the drugs up over the border to our country and the drug buyers here, who get them. All those bad guys eventually get the one good guy, the sheriff, in the county. They got Tommy Lee's dad to live in a wheel chair, his uncle was gunned down on his porch, and Tommy Lee, the sheriff character of him, could be gotten, that bad guy got everyone else involved.

celebrity-pictures-tommy-lee-jones-.jpg

Its definately one of those movies you need to watch twice. I agree with Tarheel....Harrelsons politics bug me so much I dislike any character he plays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back