Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

No Alaska for me this year

feclnogn

next to the rock over by the tree on the other sid
I have had to cancel my trip for caribou this year. I don't know who is more disappointed me or my father. When it came right down to it though it was not that hard a decision. I have decided to go back to school so I can get the hell out of my current job which I have spent the last 15 years at. I started there when I was 20 with the intention of going to school but some how time escaped my and I never did. I'm thinking it's time to quit screwing around and get off my ass and get smarter than I already am. So no pictures of me with my big caribou this year. Maybe in a few years though........

Sorry to hear it, fecl. I made the same choice a couple of years ago and am now a 32 year old senior. :rolleyes: :D It has SERIOUSLY cut into hunting time, but I'm hoping it leads to a net gain in the end. I believe it will. Good luck!

Oak

Fecl,

An education is always worth the time and effort, and even worth skipping a 'Bou hunt. There will still be Bou there in a few years, so don't worry too much.

And worse case, take out a Student Loan to go hunting in AK for a graduation present...

Kudos to ya Fecl !!!!! Although I could never go Back to School.

MAybe We'll plan a Bou hunt in the future together ? :D

Sorry for the choice you have to make, I will suppose it will work out in the end for the much greater good...

Good for you Fecl! If work is no fun, get out and get something better! I'm going to school too! 15yrs seniority where I work, but you never know. I'll be taking the fall semester off for Elk season though. I've never hunted Elk and I'm taking 3 weeks off from work to do it! I don't think I could deal with three weeks off from school. Too much work to make up and thats if you have understanding professors!

Good luck to ya bro!

Ya know moosie I might just take ya up on that someday. The only catch being that I will do the dishes.

This is what has caught my eye, it's a vocational school, but if this works out and I can find a steady job I might just work out going to college for a real degree designing these things,

http://www.tvi.edu/AdvancedManufacturingCareers/MEMS_at_TVI/Index.htm

One of the things I could do with these things is design a tracking device that is so small you couldn't even see it. Just think, I could implant one of these on elkgunner and find his secret spots and then post them all over the net. :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back