NM Unit 13

Roadtrip

I was completely surprised and drew the 13 muzzle tag as my second choice in NM. Anyone that can offer some tips or help, I would be much obliged. My buddy didn't draw so I'm on my own this year. I doubt that a solo hunter will ruin anyones favorite area ;)

Anyone else planning on hunting down that way? I'd pay my share and am a good hand in camp. Send me an email at [email protected]

Cheers
Roadtrip :cool:

hey what are the dates of your hunt? I might be able to show you some places down there. i just live a few minutes away from some good areas in unit 13

Hey Dude,

I'll let you know what we see in the late archery hunt.
I drew a deer tag and I have a line on a landowner elk tag.
So hopefully that will pan out.

I saw a couple of nice deer last year there.
Had to head home early for hurricane Ivan, so I missed the best part of the elk hunt.

anything from grants all the way down to datil is pretty good. water supplies are drying up pretty fast though. becarefull not to enter the acoma reservation.

I would buy the forest service map for the Magdalena district of the Cibola National Forest. It will show the windmills/stock tanks, which will be water sources. Some of them may be turned off, though, so a day or two's worth of scouting never hurts. We called in a nice bull the day before the season opened just NW of Datil off one of the forest service roads. (I'd have to look at the map, but it was one of the roads running north off Highway 60, west of Datil.)

Then it would wash away all the deer. Who knows, we might not even get to hunt if we dont get anymore moisture here. The forest service is talking about closing up the mountains due to extreme fire conditions. But, come on over and scope it out. Give Muzzelk a ring. He knows unit 13 pretty well. Unit 10 is like my backyard.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back