NM lope results out!!!

schmalts

Well, my kid drew a tag!
Dear GARRETT

Congratulations! The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish is notifying you that you were successful in drawing a 2010 - 2011 hunting license for the following hunt code(s): ANT-1-113. Information specific to your hunt code can be found in the current 2010 - 2011 New Mexico Big Game Rules and Information booklet. The booklet can be found online at the Department website http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us. Again, congratulations and good luck on your hunt!

It just popped up a minute ago. I wonder when the rejects and Elk results will come.

Bugler and I drew our first choice archery. The same area I shot a huge buck in 2008 with my rifle.

Cool!

Schmalts - that is great news for your son. It is nice that he gets to make his first hunt an antelope hunt. Congrats to him.

Bugler and I drew our first choice archery. The same area I shot a huge buck in 2008 with my rifle.

Cool!

Sweet!! when you guys are done you should swing up to my kids unit and watch a 9 year old shoot a buck bigger than all of us ever did! His hunt is the 23-25th is yours the 16-24?

Sweet!! when you guys are done you should swing up to my kids unit and watch a 9 year old shoot a buck bigger than all of us ever did! His hunt is the 23-25th is yours the 16-24?

Ours is the 14th-22nd. I think I have to be in NV for a pronghorn hunt on the 22nd, then a deer hunt in NV after that hunt. Possible for you to come down a few days early and watch Bugler walk right up to another NM pronghorn and arrow him from 60 yards.

Ours is the 14th-22nd. I think I have to be in NV for a pronghorn hunt on the 22nd, then a deer hunt in NV after that hunt. Possible for you to come down a few days early and watch Bugler walk right up to another NM pronghorn and arrow him from 60 yards.

I will do that, and jump up and down to get the thing running for hs shot so it stands a chance!

Congrats guys! Some big antelope are gonna hit the ground this year. I can feel it!

Got another email and I see I drew my second choice rifle deer. I hope Bugler and Moosie also drew. I think they applied for the same hunt. Not sure I could hold myself together with those two guys.

Me and Stillkickin' will be thinning the mule deer numbers in good order.

Congrats to all!!!!!!!!!!!

No emails here, yet. Must just be too far away.:(

Man, how many times can a guy hit the send and receive button on his Email to see if some more news pops up? My guess is they are doing lope first, deer second, and they will make us wait for the darn Elk until late

edit... I see on MM that some elk results have been sent out there too. waiting..... waiting.....

Last edited:
edit... I see on MM that some elk results have been sent out there too. waiting..... waiting.....

My nephew just got an email for one of the special youth elk hunts on the Gila. He has never hunted elk, so I am hoping I can get him on his first bull. Probably gonna be the hunt of a lifetime for Cody.

Also heard from a Hunt Talk regular who, with his friend, drew two more of the archery antelope tags in the unit Bugler and I drew. That accounts for four of the six NR tags in that unit. Gonna be some serious antelope damage done "on the Plains" in August.

Pretty much given up on NM elk for me and my brother. Feel bad for him, as he has applied for seven or eight elk tags with me, and never drawn a thing. When I apply by myself, it comes up Aces.

Is the any weapon antelope area 1-114 from August 21-23 a decent tag?

Hope so, as my wife and I both drew it.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back