Nm guide help

Vanishe187

So for several years now i have played around with the thought of guiding. Past couple years with lack of drawing my own tags, ive been taking friends and family out. I hunt SW nm, mostly units 16s,15 ,23,24. I do lots of coyote and fox and bobcat hunts. Also i go bear hunting as well as deer and elk. I do lots of hiking and invested in a great pack. I have come to really enjoy being able to help and be with people sharing their excitement. I would like to hear from others about how to get started doing it more often, preferably for a side job. I spend lots of weekends in the mountains so might as well put my passion and knowledge to good use. I do almost 100% public land, except for ranchers i control coyotes for. Hopefully i can help my nephew get a good buck this year for photos. Also hopefully i can get a bear, put eyes on a few big boars I'm interested in taking. Like i said i would like more info on how to even go about it. Info or help from people who have turned their dream into a career would help.

YOur best bet is to get a guide job, have the outfitter sign off on your guide license and spend a hunting seasonas a camp jack, or packer.

Turner has an immersion program for guides on Glassdoor right now at Vermejo Park. GO do it ...

JOB DESCRIPTION

Employer: Turner Enterprises, Inc.
Supervisory Position: No
Job Title: Vermejo Guide Immersion Program
Job Class: Activities Guide Non-Exempt
Uses Time & Attendance: Yes
Division: Ted Turner Reserves
Home Department: Activities
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Position Type: Seasonal / Non-Benefits Eligible
Housing Provided: Yes

NOTE: This program is one month in duration, October 1, 2020 through October 31, 2020. Participation in this program does not guarantee future employment by Turner Enterprises, Inc. or at Vermejo Park Ranch.

TED TURNER RESERVES SUMMARY
Ted Turner Reserves (TTR) eco-conscious journeys are individually crafted and tailored to their specific North American locales: Turner’s Ladder, Armendaris and Vermejo and Sierra Grande Retreat in New Mexico. These unique adventures are intended to deliver insightful and exhilarating experiences across 1.1 million acres of private ranchlands, while also providing extraordinary guest service. Ted Turner Reserves is committed to making a difference by inspiring individual action to preserve the integrity of our earth and the creatures that inhabit it.

LOCATION SUMMARY
Vermejo Park Ranch, located in northern New Mexico and southern Colorado, spans over 550,000 acres, making it the largest Ted Turner Reserves vacation property. With its unique location in the southern Rocky Mountains, Vermejo is home to abundant wildlife populations such as elk, deer, pronghorn antelope, bison, black bears, mountain lions, and more. Through extraordinary guest service and our expert adventure guides, Vermejo provides guests of all ages unparalleled opportunities for outdoor exploration with activities such as hiking, biking, horseback riding, fishing and wildlife viewing for a truly unforgettable getaway.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this position, job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
  • This program will help you to gain knowledge and skills required of a Guide at Vermejo, A Ted Turner Reserve.
  • Activities you will learn to facilitate while going through the program will be Archery, Shooting Sports, Mountain Biking, Guided Hikes, History Tours, and Wildlife tours.
  • You will be introduced to the basics of guiding fisherman.
Below are job responsibilities for any position in our Activities Department.
  • Greets guests and helps to direct them on self-guided activities.
  • Supports other guides by helping them prepare for their assigned guest activities.
  • Maintain the highest level of Guest Services. Be alert, friendly, and able to assist guests with politeness and promptness.
  • Adheres to the quality standards and presentation techniques that have been established for Ted Turner Reserves Guides.
  • Ensures the highest standards of first aid, safety, sanitation, and personal hygiene are met.
  • Ensures that all New Mexico laws are met and obeyed.
  • Possesses a positive and outgoing personality and share’s that in interactions with guests and coworkers.
  • Ensure that guest service vehicles and equipment are always impeccably clean and well maintained.
  • Trains throughout the season to guide guests on activities.
  • Communicates guest feedback to the appropriate department leadership.
  • Eagerly support and actively look for ways to help other departments.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.

COMPETENCIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
  • Must demonstrate care and compassion for team members both in and out of the department.
  • Must show needs of team members above their own.
  • Speaks about others in and out of department in a positive light.
  • Must be self-directed, energetic, and motivated with multi-tasking capabilities.
  • Must be creative and willing to work with existing core resort philosophy and style.
  • Facilitates positive employee image and effective guest and coworker relations by demonstrating attention to detail, congeniality, integrity and sound judgement.
  • Must demonstrate clean work habits and strong attention to detail.
  • The successful candidate will always conduct themselves in a professional manner in and out of the work setting.
ACCOMMODATIONS
Position may require applicant to live on Vermejo headquarters approximately 40 miles from the closest town. Ranch location is approximately 4.5 hours’ drive south of Denver or 4.5 hours’ drive north of Albuquerque.

Vermejo Park Ranch offers dorm room style company housing (subject to availability) and 3 meals per day served in the Employee Dining Room.

EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
  • There are no education requirements.
  • Experience working in a luxury hotel/resort setting.
LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.

CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
If positions requires the operation of a vehicle, must possess a valid Driver’s License or be able to obtain one within 30 days of employment. Driving record must meet the standards and requirements of the Company and the Company's insurance carrier.

OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
  • Must adhere to Company and Ranch policies and procedures, which are included in the Company’s Employee Handbook.
  • Must present documentation establishing both identity and employment authorization within three days of hire, pursuant to federal law.
  • May be subject to undergo pre-employment drug test, (after offer is given but before applicant has commenced work). Random drug test are given throughout the year.
  • Must have a personal vehicle to travel from ranch location to local town for personal needs.
  • The Company operates as a drug free/smoke free workplace. Smoking is not allowed on the ranch property, to include but is not limited to; ranch housing, ranch vehicles, ranch offices or on ranch machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/ move up to 45 pounds.

WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions; work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat.

In accordance with applicable law, the Company will reasonably accommodate any disabled individual who requests an accommodation that will allow him/her to perform the essential job duties or functions of his/her position. Accommodation inquires must be made to the Company’s Human Resources Department for consideration.

Turner Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Smoke Free/Drug-Free Workplace.

For more information, and to apply online, visit www.tedturner.com.

Thanks for the info will definitely look into this. Most certainly something im very interested in doing.

Back