Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

NM elk unit 48

I would love to give you all the info in the world, however, it has been 40 years since I have been in that area. It was at one time pretty good. If I was still hunting that area would be on my list of places. I love that country, it is ELK habitat for sure, or was anyway. Get some maps and locate the UU Bar ranch and also the Philmont Boy Scout ranch. Hunt along their boundary and you may get lucky. Also contact the G&F office in Raton for some info. Good luck, I wish I was going with you. Jerry

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

If you're a member of GoHunt their Insider program has some great information. They're a forum sponsor so I can't give you all the details, but you might want to look at the rainfall tables thus far this year compared to previous years. If the trend continue it could drastically change your hunting strategy.

Very green up there a buddy says. I've seen lots of elk before,but never hunted it.
If you have a NM tag this year,your in for a treat!

Thanks for the info guys. I'll grapped the Onx Maps for my gps and I'll give G&F a shout and see if they can help..again I sure appreciate your help..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back