Caribou Gear

Nikon scopes

sturge

Any opinions? I am looking at 6X24X40 or 42. The Monarch line. How do these compare to Leupold?

I just bought a 2.5x10x42 Monarch for my .25-06. I compared them to Zeiss Conquest, Leupold VXIII and Burris FullField II Tactical. The only one that had better optics IMO was the Zeiss.

I love my Nikon scopes and I ahve one comaprible to what your looking at it s the 6.5x20.Been using it on my .338wm.

IMHO Nikon is really putting out some good glass and like AZ402 compare them to others you'll be surprised.Daniel

I have used several Bushnell Elite 4200, Leupold VXIII and Nikon Monarchs in the past few years. To me the Monarch is right on par with the Leupold and cleared than the Bushnell. I got used to the BDC reticle and now prefer it.

Sturge-
Nikon Monarchs only currently come in a 50mm objective in the 6-24 models. They do make a 5-20x44 Side Focus with BDC reticle matte ( # 8425 ). If interested, I have a handful of them new in the box, and could give you the Hunttalk discount ( $395 ). I have several in the 4-16x42 as well. If you find a model you want, shoot me an email or PM and would be glad to get you a price, including the 6-24x50 models.

The Monarchs have a side focus parallax adjustment. Third knob on the tube, does basically the same as the old style of adjustment by turning the end of the scope.

Alot of companies have gone to this in the past couple of years

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmokinHunter
Back