Nikon Buckmaster II

Rooster52

Did Nikon lower there quality in there Buckmaster scope ? My new Nikon just does not appear to have the quallity and clarity that my older scope has.

From what I have heard and seen the new buck masters is not the same quality as the old buck master scopes, that is why I bought the scope from a member here because he said it was the old buck master of which I have a few and really like.

I have on of the old ones on my muzzleloader and love and my friend has a newer one and it was really underwhelming. I think there were changes because Nikon always had some of the best glass for the money at a given price point, it was often the auxiliary parts that failed or were a problem if there were any.

The Buckmaster always was a weird point in the Nikon product line because it fell between the Prostaff and Monarch series at certain points in time. It was clearly a non series line that seems to perpetually be available for about 60% of its MSRP. My guess is they made the scope to the price point it was selling at on the open market since the concept of "they didn't make 'em like they used to" doesn't really ever apply to reputable optics.

I agree, the old Buckmaster is a better quality scope than the BuckmasterII. You'd think that Nikon would strive to improve their product instead of cheapening it. I have one Monarch and it's very good quality. Leupold's rifleman scope is better quality than the Buckmaster II IMO.

Like my old buckmasters but have switched to Leupold VXIII CDS scopes since the change in quality. I really really like my VXIII CDS scopes. Thinking of selling my old buckmasters and switching everything over.

You'll never find a Nikon scope on one of my rifles. No sense in supporting a company with a questionable track record regarding 2nd Amendment/hunting rights.

I have an old Buckmaster on a 6mm and it has been a great scope. Sorry to hear of the drop in quality.

I just ordered two SWFA Super Snipers on their Black Friday sale. Great scopes for a fair price.

Russ,

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so when you announced you bought 2 of these scopes for a low price in another thread. I like Nikon but you get what you pay for. I noticed that you have been selling Leupold scopes on here. I hope you aren't replacing them for low end models like these buckmasters and think you will be saving money down the road.

No. Did not replace my Leupolds with these cheap Nikon. Just traded some guns and had extra scopes that I did not need. The lowend scopes I have I will sell on EBAY. That includes the Nikon buckmaster II . I hate there circles reticle,useless to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back