Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Nice place to visit, but...

There sure is a lot of horror here in Chicago. Even more if you are paying attention. My wife on viewed an armed carjacking of the car immediately in front of hers a few weeks back while waiting to pull into a car wash at about noon on a Saturday.

On a lighter note, here are some fish pics caught really close to where you in that photo.
33209994-0432-45C8-8DCA-E40D2DEAFFEB.jpegIMG_5644.jpgIMG_0441.JPGIMG_0179.JPGIMG_0177.JPG

Speaking of outdoor opportunities, I killed this deer on public about 60 miles from downtown Chicago. I've never had great luck on this piece of public but my buddy killed two nice bucks off it last year. There's outdoor opportunity here in Chicago/N. Ill., it just ain't easy or great. Speaking of opportunity, there are two places you can legally waterfowl hunt within City of Chicago limits on public water. That is the only legal hunting within city limits proper. One of these days, I'll make that hunt happen. IMG_0823.JPG

Last edited:
There sure is a lot of horror here in Chicago. Even more if you are paying attention. My wife on viewed an armed carjacking of the car immediately in front of hers a few weeks back while waiting to pull into a car wash at about noon on a Saturday.

On a lighter note, here are some fish pics caught really close to where you in that photo.
View attachment 179891View attachment 179905View attachment 179906View attachment 179907View attachment 179908

Speaking of outdoor opportunities, I killed this deer on public about 60 miles from downtown Chicago. I've never had great luck on this piece of public but my buddy killed two nice bucks off it last year. There's outdoor opportunity here in Chicago/N. Ill., it just ain't easy or great. Speaking of opportunity, there are two places you can legally waterfowl hunt within City of Chicago limits on public water. That is the only legal hunting within city limits proper. One of these days, I'll make that hunt happen. View attachment 179910
Are you talking about Lake Michigan waterfowl hunting?

Are you talking about Lake Michigan waterfowl hunting?
Not Lake Michigan proper. Chicago Municipal Code lists two places within city limits that waterfowl hunting is legal. One is a DNR site, one is not. I'm still trying to hunt down hard answers on hunting in IL Lake Michigan waters outside those two listed locations cause I'm real keen to do it. I know guys hunt Indiana Lake Michigan waters just off the SE city limits but don't have any hard evidence of guys hunting IL Lake Michigan waters. IL DNR waterfowl regs do mention hunting Lake Michigan and the fact that it can be hunted from 30 min before sunrise until sunset. I think it's more a municipality issue, i.e., is CPD is gonna have an issue with it? I can't find a hard answer to the question of how far, it at all, does Chicago jurisdiction extend into Lake Michigan?

Not Lake Michigan proper. Chicago Municipal Code lists two places within city limits that waterfowl hunting is legal. One is a DNR site, one is not. I'm still trying to hunt down hard answers on hunting in IL Lake Michigan waters outside those two listed locations cause I'm real keen to do it. I know guys hunt Indiana Lake Michigan waters just off the SE city limits but don't have any hard evidence of guys hunting IL Lake Michigan waters. IL DNR waterfowl regs do mention hunting Lake Michigan and the fact that it can be hunted from 30 min before sunrise until sunset. I think it's more a municipality issue, i.e., is CPD is gonna have an issue with it? I can't find a hard answer to the question of how far, it at all, does Chicago jurisdiction extend into Lake Michigan?
Shoot first ask questions later that's the Chicago way. 😉 on second thought they dont ask questions later, just shoot first. We did a job last year on the south side where maybe 120 to 150 geese landed everyday I counted 5 neck banded Canada's. Torture.

Someone told me they band them by shed aquarium but idk.

Reminds me of Roy D. Mercer.

"Looks like I'm just gonna hafta whup yore a$$! Just how big of an ol' boy are ya?"
"I'll put a poop knot on yore head you can tie off a bass boat to!" LOL!

I have laughed at Roy "Damn" Mercer until my sides hurt!

My youngest was on detail D.C. for a year. Last September, I went up and spent some time with her.
We had a blast!

No grandkids, but I sure enjoy spending time with my kids!
Fishing, shooting, gardening, etc.....

BTW! You found Lake Michigan. Did you catch any fish? ...or even go fishing?
When I return it will be with the purpose of fishing for the giant browns in that lake! I'm in the process of trying to book a fishing trip right now.

Back