NICE frame extentions

Brandenbowhunter

Anyone besides Seacat gotten to play with them. They work with the Metcalf, Crewcab, and Longbow. Longer stays that lift you load lifters, and are attatched to the NICE frame, not in the bag like on the Metcalf. I will have a few tonight to put on my CC and Metcalf. This is cool, because the ones in the Metcalf as is are useless when you put a quarter in between the bag and frame. Will post pics when I get it together.

Yep, I have used them all season, they work great. Hauled out an elk last week using te meat shelf on the metcalf and it lifted the weight up very well. Definitely worth getting them.

They've got them for me and the camera crew to try out. I need to stop by and pick them up.

I've had one for several years now. Over 6" of adjustment for the lifter attachment point.

Attachments

• DSC02899 (Medium).jpg
    DSC02899 (Medium).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,382
The extension in my post above, is =not= a MR extension. It's one I developed almost 4 years ago.

Mine is set up to attach to the frame in different spots, depending on the accessories you are using, but attaches to the frame in two locations so the weight is transferred to the frame itself. It's also adjustable in height. I went with a solid extension because a cpl guys I had test it liked to reef on the lifters and could bend single stays like the setup MR decided to use.

Looking at some pics of the MR extension, it should work fine and do as advertised. I've seen comments expressing concern that the extension is too far above the pack and will hook brush. In practical use, it's behind your head and is out of the way for most any condition except for when you have to bend way down to get under something, then the protrusion might catch something. I never had a problem in 99% of my hunts.

Attachments

• assy11 (Medium).jpg
    assy11 (Medium).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,203
Last edited:
Between the mystery ranch lifters and the oneiros valley ones it looks like there are a couple options available now. I'd be interested to see someone's opinion that has used both.

The mystery ranch ones are only $49 and super fast to install, and only weigh 4 oz. You can take out the stays from the Metcalf, which keeps the weight about the same. You can also loose a couple of buckles as they are on the lifter extension. I will post pics later, got mine on and works great.

I have a 6500 arriving this weekend, being a short arse though, I might not need them.

Your design looks pretty good Wapitibob.

So are they adjustable for how high you want them to be?

Between the mystery ranch lifters and the oneiros valley ones it looks like there are a couple options available now. I'd be interested to see someone's opinion that has used both.

Hey, all. We currently have a couple guys that will be posting reviews of our Gen II LLP soon. We're still working on finding someone qualified and willing to do an unbiased comparison of our extender against MR's.

So are they adjustable for how high you want them to be?

MR's extender is a fixed height and comes in large (4" extension) and XL (6" extension). Ours is adjustable up to 6".

I'd be happy to answer any questions about our LLP.

Hey, all. We currently have a couple guys that will be posting reviews of our Gen II LLP soon. We're still working on finding someone qualified and willing to do an unbiased comparison of our extender against MR's.

MR's extender is a fixed height and comes in large (4" extension) and XL (6" extension). Ours is adjustable up to 6".

I'd be happy to answer any questions about our LLP.

Pm, Sent

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back