Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

NHL playoffs

Another year of disappointment as Rangers fan. I been watching this team since I was little kid in the mid 80s, had season tickets though high school in the early 90s …they never fail to disappoint.

Pretty shitty move, but yeah, it was kinda funny at the same time.
It's hilarious to see how it backfires. Either there are a ton of Canadian expats and locals go to the game and the stands are full of blue sweaters, or the camera only focuses on a few blue sweaters in the crowd because Florida made such a big deal out of it.

That is pretty low and I never heard of anything like that, in any sport. I will have to Google it.

A lot of teams do it (see: Carolina restricting sales the other day just to NC, SC and parts of VA), but it's certainly funnier when it's the Leafs and a whole country being firewalled.

In any event, they only have like 8000 season ticket holders, and given the Winter-time population demographics in south Florida, a good chunk of those are likely Leafs fans already. NTM, a huge swath of tickets will inevitably end up on the secondary market anyway where there are no restrictions.

Disclaimer: My son and I adopted the Leafs after the Avs bowed out since they are the only team left we don't actively dislike.

Interesting, thanks
edit: The Canes restictions were last year when they had the Rangers in round 2. I don't think they did the same for the Devils series this year.

Typically you see this when the visiting team is a big market/big support base/"travels well". In the NHL, that's pretty much the Leafs and Rangers and maybe Edmonton and Boston (or Chicago 10 years ago).

Now that the Devils eliminated the Rangers, I don’t know who I’d like to see in the final. When I lived close to Philadelphia I followed the Flyers. They need a lot of help.

How can you actively dislike the Canes?

View attachment 274386

Disclaimer: My son works for them, so I’m a bit biased. 😉
Haha. Honestly, that's a good point. I should have added a second disclaimer - I just don't think about the Canes very much :)

And TBH, despite the round 1 result, I don't really hate the Kraken, either, but fresh wounds and all that.

Brent Burns is a rockstar, though. Man deserves a Cup, would definitely root for him in the Finals.

Haha. Honestly, that's a good point. I should have added a second disclaimer - I just don't think about the Canes very much :)

And TBH, despite the round 1 result, I don't really hate the Kraken, either, but fresh wounds and all that.

Brent Burns is a rockstar, though. Man deserves a Cup, would definitely root for him in the Finals.
You’re not the only person who ignores the Canes. We kinda like being the sleepy underdog 😉

Agree on Brent Burns. Total rock star on the ice and just seems to be a real class act as a person. He’s a big hunter and has a pretty cool high fence ranch in TX.

Leafs are digging a bit of a hole for themselves…
That was a lot like watching the Avs in game 1 last round. no jump until the last half of the game.

Kraken pull one out against the Stars Joe Pavelski, too.

The road team supremacy continues.

Canes advance!
well done. The NHL is going to hate it that BOS, all the NY area teams and probably the Leafs are gone now, but a dominant performance by the Canes.

Who would have thought all the suspensions and Goon-in-it-up old time hockey stuff would be in the Western Conference (Minus the normal rats in florida)?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back