Yeti GOBOX Collection

NFA Wait Times

Mine was 6/16/22 to 3/16/23. So 9 months. I know of several form 1's that were approved in 2 weeks time here recently, so that's what I'll be doing next. Having a friend who is very proficient with a lathe is very helpful.

How can they reject all form 1s when they were requiring them for SBR pistol brace.
I don't know a lot about it just that I was reading of a mass rejection last year with silencers. I didn't do a form one because of it. I'm curious how that all shook out because I'd like to do one soon.

I don't know a lot about it just that I was reading of a mass rejection last year with silencers. I didn't do a form one because of it. I'm curious how that all shook out because I'd like to do one soon.
They rejected a ton of form one suppressor applications because the ATF changed its stance on what was acceptable. Basically, they decided that everyone was just buying Form 1 suppressor kits and assembling parts rather than actually building one from scratch. If you included any pre-made parts in your form it was kicked back, you basically need to be capable of actually manufacturing a suppressor to go that route now.

Form 1 SBRs and SBSs are totally different, those have traditionally seen even shorter approval times that they are now. Pre-arm brace ruling, I've had several come back in 5 or 10 days, but around a month is more the norm.

I did an eFile on 5/4/2022. I would occasionally check my account - but never saw a status change or was notified via email of a change in status.

I stopped by the shop yesterday (7/20/2023) to see if I could get more details. The shop's login shows more information - and he called as well. Apparently there was a "glitch" where approved forms were not getting automatically emailed out (which has been fixed). So my application had been approved, but no one was notified.

The suppressor is now in the safe ready for testing. I'll be able to work up everything for hunting season this year at least.

Not sure what the current times are but I just ordered a couple more cans. Hope to have them for next years hunting season!

Not sure what the current times are but I just ordered a couple more cans. Hope to have them for next years hunting season!
It seems to vary. People are getting approved after my submission date and I haven't heard diddly squat. There are also guys going over a year. I'd say expect 8-12 months...if you used Silencer Central it seems it could take longer.

Yeah, my last set took about 9 months, Kinda hoping it doesn't take longer than that. I ordered from Silencer Shop

It seems to vary. People are getting approved after my submission date and I haven't heard diddly squat. There are also guys going over a year. I'd say expect 8-12 months...if you used Silencer Central it seems it could take longer.
It must really vary.
I had an uncle order from SC a month after I ordered from SS. He has his in hand and I am sitting in silence.

Just got my ATF approval Tuesday. Took almost 8 months on the dot from submission to approval. Due to holiday mail slow down, fingerprint info took forever to get to SC, but still looking at less than 10 months from starting the process to approval. Should have can in hand within the next two weeks.

It must really vary.
I had an uncle order from SC a month after I ordered from SS. He has his in hand and I am sitting in silence.
It does. There are examples of approvals in days and others a year or so. They don't seem to go in any sense of order, and the speed seems to also vary depending on which agent grabs your application. Typical gov't efficiency. With the release of eForms they claimed processing times would be something like 30 days for form 1s and 90 days for form 4s.

Well shit. I gotta be close mine was submitted 24Jan23. They are so random
They are. I was very surprised to see the email. I did 2 forms 1s this year and they were one day apart and it was almost a month between approvals for them.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back