NFA Wait Times

Do it! Personally I don't think I'll use Silencer Central again. The extra time for them to process stuff will likely add at least 2 months to the wait.
So what route would you go?

So what route would you go?

You live in Conifer? You could walk into any of a handful of shops in Denver to do the paperwork. They will run you through the process. It's actually quite easy. Silencer Shop has kiosks in some shops so you can buy your suppressor on their website (they have some good deals sometimes) and go into their shops to do the electronic paperwork and transfer. I recommend setting up a trust with Silencer Shop (basically a fill in the blanks paperwork) that'll speed a lot up.

Silencer Central was very easy but their process is starts out with back and forth mailing fingerprint paperwork then they schedule a phone call like 2 weeks out after they get your fingerprints. It's a month to get that done. They do your 4473 but it seems to take them a month to mail your suppressor. I got their cyber week bogo deal and they screwed up my order and added an additional 22lr suppressor for free so I'm ok with the extra time but adding 2 months onto an 8-10 month process is a bit excessive.

You live in Conifer? You could walk into any of a handful of shops in Denver to do the paperwork. They will run you through the process. It's actually quite easy. Silencer Shop has kiosks in some shops so you can buy your suppressor on their website (they have some good deals sometimes) and go into their shops to do the electronic paperwork and transfer. I recommend setting up a trust with Silencer Shop (basically a fill in the blanks paperwork) that'll speed a lot up.

Silencer Central was very easy but their process is starts out with back and forth mailing fingerprint paperwork then they schedule a phone call like 2 weeks out after they get your fingerprints. It's a month to get that done. They do your 4473 but it seems to take them a month to mail your suppressor. I got their cyber week bogo deal and they screwed up my order and added an additional 22lr suppressor for free so I'm ok with the extra time but adding 2 months onto an 8-10 month process is a bit excessive.
This is all true, but if you go through Silencer Shop be prepared to spend another $250 for them to provide provide the Gun Trust paperwork (I believe.) The Gun Trust is included with Silencer Central.

I would recommend them for your first, they make it easy and it’s an all in price, but it is a longer wait. Now that I have my trust in place I’d just order direct from whomever.

Your second suppressor through them is much faster. About 5 minutes

This is all true, but if you go through Silencer Shop be prepared to spend another $250 for them to provide provide the Gun Trust paperwork (I believe.) The Gun Trust is included with Silencer Central.

I would recommend them for your first, they make it easy and it’s an all in price, but it is a longer wait. Now that I have my trust in place I’d just order direct from whomever.
How does the ordering process go once you have a trust? For example, I just placed an order with Silencer Central. Once I have a trust from them, how do I order from another vendor?

Update. Its been a month since I received my stamp. Still waiting for my local sheriffs office. Apparently they lost the paper copies for notification that was mailed. Silencer Central is resending the paperwork… What a pain!

Just starting the process today, 3/8. Should we all guess when I get my silencer? 2023 or 2024?

Update. Its been a month since I received my stamp. Still waiting for my local sheriffs office. Apparently they lost the paper copies for notification that was mailed. Silencer Central is resending the paperwork… What a pain!
That seems very strange. Since 41p and it just being a notification rather than a sign off like it used to be, I haven't heard of anyone having issues. As long as the notification was sent, the CLEO would have to contact ATF directly if they had some issue with the application. I hope it gets sorted out ASAP for you though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back