Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

NFA Wait Times

That seems very strange. Since 41p and it just being a notification rather than a sign off like it used to be, I haven't heard of anyone having issues. As long as the notification was sent, the CLEO would have to contact ATF directly if they had some issue with the application. I hope it gets sorted out ASAP for you though.
I thought it was strange as well. I was told they don't have to respond etc but have to confirm that it was received??? You would think they would send it out signature required and then start the 7 day countdown. Is there a reason SC cant just ship to my local FFL once I have a stamp??

I thought it was strange as well. I was told they don't have to respond etc but have to confirm that it was received??? You would think they would send it out signature required and then start the 7 day countdown. Is there a reason SC cant just ship to my local FFL once I have a stamp??
Exactly, they don't have to respond or approve anymore. I can't see how the CLEO would even know you had submitted a Form 4 unless they had received the CLEO notice. I can't imagine that anyone checks that the CLEO received the notice, you should use a trackable delivery when doing it though.

Exactly, they don't have to respond or approve anymore. I can't see how the CLEO would even know you had submitted a Form 4 unless they had received the CLEO notice. I can't imagine that anyone checks that the CLEO received the notice, you should use a trackable delivery when doing it though.
My understanding is it’s sent via certified mail. Some one at the CLEO office has to sign for it.

My understanding is it’s sent via certified mail. Some one at the CLEO office has to sign for it.
Right. Bun unless they received it, how would they know its coming? Its literally the notice, total cold call in their mailbox. So unless someone at ATF is checking with them that they got it, I'm confused as to the chain of events.

SC explained it to me this way. They send it certified mail via USPS to your local CLEO. Once they get confirmation of delivery by either a receipt of signature upon delivery, or a call from CLEO. They start a 7 day countdown. After that, it is transferred to their “dealer” in each state. That dealer then transfers to your front door.

Lucky me, I just got tracking numbers! Should’ve bought and paid for more all at once!

SC explained it to me this way. They send it certified mail via USPS to your local CLEO. Once they get confirmation of delivery by either a receipt of signature upon delivery, or a call from CLEO. They start a 7 day countdown. After that, it is transferred to their “dealer” in each state. That dealer then transfers to your front door.

Lucky me, I just got tracking numbers! Should’ve bought and paid for more all at once!
Make sure you’re home to sign for it.

Mine got delivered today but no one here to sign for it. So now I get to sneak out of work tomorrow to make a trip to the post office.

Right. Bun unless they received it, how would they know its coming? Its literally the notice, total cold call in their mailbox. So unless someone at ATF is checking with them that they got it, I'm confused as to the chain of events.
Glad its sorting its way out. I had issues with the CLEO two I just put into jail, glad I caught it before they submitted. They had the Sheriff of the city that my address is in as the CLEO, but that portion of the city is in an adjoining county. When I do a From 1 I use the state police, so I had SS change it to that. It pays to look over the forms yourself.

And here I am thinking about another can, again....

I called yesterday...the actual current zverage is 270 days. I am about a month out. I actually want to order anther suprerssor but the wait times makes me want to skip it. waiting 9 months is a bit crazy. I hope it speeds up and gets better.

Two from Silencer Central, both just put into mailbox with no signature required. Since the final shipping is from a local dealer there are probably differences in the mailing instructions.

Just got the ball rolling on the paperwork, what’s the wait time been? Of course they’re advertising shorter wait times with e-forms, but what’s been the actual experience?
I submitted mine to S-Central 7/22/22 and got email today 5/19/23 my application was approved had to fill out one electronic form for silencer central and should be shipped as soon as they notify the local sheriff of shipment

I submitted mine to S-Central 7/22/22 and got email today 5/19/23 my application was approved had to fill out one electronic form for silencer central and should be shipped as soon as they notify the local sheriff of shipment
Once I got my approval from SC it took 3 maybe 4 weeks for the package to be delivered. It was harder then the 270ish days for the ATF.

Anyone receiving cans willing to give an update on their waiting time?

I'm 210 days out. I was hoping for this hunting season but that may be wishful thinking. My mid October hunt would put me at 300 days.

Back