NFA Wait Times

It’s buried in this thread but my eform took six months. Paper 9 months.

I’m not sure if I was normal or abnormal in my timing.

Well I’m just over 7 months. Really would like the damn thing by spring bear season, never imagined that would be in question when I applied.

As I said before for anyone new in the thread: I called the ATF form 4 line and they cannot offer any insight or time estimates. They can just tell you the status.

Silencer Central submitted my paperwork 05/19/22. ATF approved today 02/09/23. Not sure how long it will take to ship but ive waited this long so…
I've read it can take over a month (5 weeks from a recent thread) once approved...4473 paperwork needs to be completed then Silencer Central will mail a letter to your local sheriff notifying your intent to receive the suppressor then time for the return receipt (USPS card) to be received by them then they'll ship.

Silencer Central submitted my paperwork 05/19/22. ATF approved today 02/09/23. Not sure how long it will take to ship but ive waited this long so…
I got my approval from the ATF on 12/30 and 1/1/23. My silencers both arrived 2/6/23. The last month was the hardest knowing I had been approved and didn’t have them in my hands.

On a side note. Finally put some shots through them today (banish 30 and banish 30-gold). 270 to 30-378 weatherby. I was pleasantly surprised at how much noise reduction there was. Ear pro came off after each rifle put at least two through their respective can. Can’t wait for the weather to get better to really play with them and see how much they affect POi.

Interestingly, I had never called the ATF number to check my status. I called at 08:30 and was told it was pending. At 09:00 the same day I received approval and my stamp from the ATF. 1 minute later Silencer central told me I had been approved and sent me instructions for the 4473. That was submitted and processed the same day.

Was told they have to notify my local law enforcement by mail. The postage for that was sent today.

Side note, I wonder if SC would agree to send the suppressor to a local class 3 dealer??

Back