Newest member of the family

fishing4sanity

All three of my boys love guns and when they turn 18 they buy their first long-gun in their own name. When they turn 21 they get their first pistol in their name. My youngest just turned 18 and had his eye on Savage's 110BA in .338LM, well that was a bit too spendy so he got his brother interested and then they ganged up on me. Now, we've got a joint venture gun to play with! Still working on load development, bad weather has been dragging out planting this spring forever, as soon as the crops are all planted hopefully we'll get more play time. I just wish I was in good enough shape to pack this around and try hunting with it, but it's a heavy ol' gal.

Attachments

• Savage 1.jpg
    Savage 1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 186
  • Savage 2.jpg
    Savage 2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 186
I had no idea Savage was making a big magnum like that. Probably shoots awesome.

I saw this same exact gun on a tv show the other night and they were dragging it around hunting with it...how much does that thing weigh? I was laughing because it looks like a tank.

The gun weighs 15.75 lbs. without a scope, so it is heavy. Between me and my sons we have several Savages with the AccuTrigger and I really love that trigger, this one is a little lighter pull than their hunting rifles and very nice to shoot. It's definitely a range gun, but my son said he plans on hunting with it some when he knows it won't be a long hike/hunt, I get tired just carrying it out to my pickup.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back