Caribou Gear Tarp

Newberg Kaibab Deer Hunt

wyflyguy

I just watched (again) Randy's mule deer hunt on the Kaibab plateau in Arizona. It reminded me again of how refreshing it is to see a group of hunters who can appreciate hunting for what it is. My hunts are not failures if I don't bring home a trophy set of antlers. The time spent in the mountains and with the wildlife, friends and family are always worth the price of a tag. It seems like in most hunting media today, it's all about the trophy. "I won't shoot that buck because he'll only score 183 and I'm holding out for 185 or better." I would love to shoot a huge mule deer just as much as the next guy, but that's no why I do it.

Keep up the good work!

I believe you are not in the minority on this one! I'd prefer 180 lbs. of meat in the freezer.

Very few hunters left that could care less about inches. I’ve hunted long enough now that I care more about wild places and scenery then I do about pulling triggers on trophy animals. It’s been a few years since I’ve shot anything even though I have had plenty of chances. I like chasing adventures, horizons and the next ridge line

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back