Newb living in Socal

Tbob

Hey there,
My name is Tim and I'm currently living in San Diego. Been down here a year and was previously living in Washington state. I'm mostly an archery guy, but I tend to take my rifle out every now and again. Been out hunting these little mule deer down here and been over to AZ a few times for Mule deer and Javelina this past year. I miss chasing elk in WA, but the desert has been fun to learn as well. I'm mostly a backcountry Hunter at heart, but depending on where I'm at I do what's needed. Enjoy all types of hunting and have been lucky enough to hunt different states for different critters. Hardest hunt so far was a 2 week moose/caribou hunt way in the Backcountry of AK. My most recent hunt was a Javelina archery hunt in SE Arizona this past Febuary. Had an awesome time out there too! Looking forward to catching up on the forum and hopefully able to contribute when I can.
-Tim..

Hey there man.. I've been out to El Centro a few times for work. Ive also driven through and fueled up on my way out towards Prescott.. How's the hunting out there near you? Any public land to hunt deer out that way? I'm planning on buying the D-16 tag this year..

Welcome, another SoCal member here. I certainly don't live here by choice (military), but it's not all that bad. Welcome aboard.

Hey there man.. I've been out to El Centro a few times for work. Ive also driven through and fueled up on my way out towards Prescott.. How's the hunting out there near you? Any public land to hunt deer out that way? I'm planning on buying the D-16 tag this year..

Lots of private farm land that is open to the public for hunting, mostly dove and pheasant. I jump shoot waterfowl on irrigation ditches and ponds. The desert deer in D12 are few and far between but they have a reputation for producing some massive bucks. Next time you're in El Centro stop by my taxidermy shop and introduce yourself. Breck Dickinson Taxidermy

Hey Tim,

Welcome to the board! I'm up in North County. Honestly don't do a ton of hunting locally, but there is a pretty large archery crowd around town.

Awesome! Nice to meet you all! Breck, next time I'm out I'll be sure and stop in!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back