Newb from Minnesota

Best thing to do is, like I did 9 years ago, got the f out of there!! Lived in Mound area for 20 years.....I shouldn't be suggesting moving to the Rockies but I feel sorry for those still stuck in Minnesota. Honestly it's hard to begin trying to explain to someone how many times one will screw up elk hunting by the hour. If you hunt whitetail just leave all those ideas at home. It in no way will help you, lol. Best of luck!!!

The only part of white tail hunting that I see helping in elk, is just being comfortable outside

An hour west, would that be around Glencoe/Hutch? My GF is from there and I grew up in Albertville, we both live in Moorhead now. I'm also working on the magic 10 posts so I've been snooping on here for a while now.
Close to Hutch. I grew up in Morehead and left there in 2005. Don’t miss it one bit

Close to Hutch. I grew up in Morehead and left there in 2005. Don’t miss it one bit
You mean you don't miss the non-stop 40mph winds, white outs even when it's not snowing, and amazing scenery where the freeway overpass is the highest 'mountain' for miles?? Lol

You mean you don't miss the non-stop 40mph winds, white outs even when it's not snowing, and amazing scenery where the freeway overpass is the highest 'mountain' for miles?? Lol
I’d rather have a colonoscopy…

Best thing to do is, like I did 9 years ago, got the f out of there!! Lived in Mound area for 20 years.....I shouldn't be suggesting moving to the Rockies but I feel sorry for those still stuck in Minnesota. Honestly it's hard to begin trying to explain to someone how many times one will screw up elk hunting by the hour. If you hunt whitetail just leave all those ideas at home. It in no way will help you, lol. Best of luck!!!
In 1986, I went to Yellowstone to work in the park.

I wished I’d have never come back some days.

Shoulda just went to Bozeman and gotten a job there

Lived there for a bit too! The locals called the snow "snirt" because it was mixed with dirt and dust.

Lived there for a bit too! The locals called the snow "snirt" because it was mixed with dirt and dust.
Sounds like the Midwest…

Or as I’m seeing it called more, the Great Lakes region..🤷‍♂️

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back