Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

New Zealand - Idaho Hunt Swap

Kiwi

After five amazing hunting adventures to Canada, MT, WY and CO I am planning to hunt ID this year. For all of these adventures I have arranged a hunt swap and they have all worked out great. So this year if anyone would like to discuss a ID hunt swap please PM me. I am looking at hunting in Oct and happy with bear, wolf, lion, deer or elk. Hunting with horses or flying in would be ideal but open to all ways of hunting. My interest is more about the hunting experience than trophies.

I mainly hunt deer, chamois and tahr. I hunt only public land and don't see any monster stags that are advertised by the outfitters, but I normally see shootable animals every trip. I hunt both bow and rifle, but mostly rifle. For my hunting trip you'll need to be fit e.g. climb 2000 ft vert a day. Unless we use a chopper of course : )

See "Other Hunting Locations" for my typical hunts. Here is a report from a guy i took hunting a couple of years ago - http://fredbohm.com/blog/2018/6/11/thirty-yard-hut-hunting-bull-tahr-in-the-new-zealand

I have the following hunts planned this year, and I think the the best way to swap is to join a trip that's already planned. Tahr rut (7 days mid June), spring tahr (4 days late September) and spring stags (4 days late Dec).

As always happy to provide info on hunting New Zealand to anyone.

Last edited:
Would like to help you out but with the corona out break I am not sure if the projects well be done in time.

Cam,,went in behind lake ohau two days ago into the north temple,saw 7 bulls in eve n around 8 nannies next morn,,so still lots of tahr around,,it was a strong nor wester so the hunt was short

Good to hear Les. I bet you are enjoying the South Island again! I’m heading into a tahr block in June so that should be good.

Hi Kiwi, are you still heading to Idaho this fall? I have lived in Idaho my whole life and may be able to help you on this adventure.

Hi Kiwi, are you still heading to Idaho this fall? I have lived in Idaho my whole life and may be able to help you on this adventure.
Unfortunately had to cancel my plans to hunt ID this year. Very disappointing but we have a 2 week quarantine for returning NZ'ers so makes it impractical really. Planning on making it over next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back