New Yeti Adds

Dsnow9

@Big Fin do the banner adds mean that you all officially made a deal for all your platforms with yeti or just a sponsor of the forum? Although unlikely, it doesn’t hurt to ask, any chance of a promo code for yeti?

@Big Fin do the banner adds mean that you all officially made a deal for all your platforms with yeti or just a sponsor of the forum? Although unlikely, it doesn’t hurt to ask, any chance of a promo code for yeti?

We are talking about possibilities with YETI, but nothing for sure yet. These ads are linked to Avant affiliate platform that YETI and a lot of other big companies are a part of. Most websites can sign up to be accepted. We were accepted. If something is sold via the ads and links with our codes, we get a commission. Same as we have with Amazon, Alpackarafts, and are looking into for a few other companies.

Just trying to figure out ways to make Hunt Talk pay for itself. If doing so can be an investment in the possibility of a long-term deal with YETI, even better.

On the other bigger platforms, we might end up with a deal with YETI eventually. With all that is going on, companies have locked marketing budgets so longer term deals at the dollar amounts needed for our other platforms require is a harder thing to put together in these times.

I would love a promo code RANDY for YETI. In fact, if they gave me a promo code for discounts with the audience, I would let them in all our platforms at little cost. I've put that out to all of our partners that a promo code where my audience gets a deal and I get a small commission and the fees to be in our platforms would be far less. We are that good at performing with promo codes. The big companies cannot do that in a way that interferes with their large retail networks, which are a huge part of their sales.

If there is one good thing about the craziness of today, a lot more companies are circling back to talk to me about promo codes for our audience, something I've been seeking for a few years. Fingers crossed that we can get there with all our partner companies and get a discount to all who support us.

We are talking about possibilities with YETI, but nothing for sure yet. These ads are linked to Avant affiliate platform that YETI and a lot of other big companies are a part of. Most websites can sign up to be accepted. We were accepted. If something is sold via the ads and links with our codes, we get a commission. Same as we have with Amazon, Alpackarafts, and are looking into for a few other companies.

Just trying to figure out ways to make Hunt Talk pay for itself. If doing so can be an investment in the possibility of a long-term deal with YETI, even better.

On the other bigger platforms, we might end up with a deal with YETI eventually. With all that is going on, companies have locked marketing budgets so longer term deals at the dollar amounts needed for our other platforms require is a harder thing to put together in these times.

I would love a promo code RANDY for YETI. In fact, if they gave me a promo code for discounts with the audience, I would let them in all our platforms at little cost. I've put that out to all of our partners that a promo code where my audience gets a deal and I get a small commission and the fees to be in our platforms would be far less. We are that good at performing with promo codes. The big companies cannot do that in a way that interferes with their large retail networks, which are a huge part of their sales.

If there is one good thing about the craziness of today, a lot more companies are circling back to talk to me about promo codes for our audience, something I've been seeking for a few years. Fingers crossed that we can get there with all our partner companies and get a discount to all who support us.
Awesome, glad to hear!

I’ve got piles of Yeti stuff. Not one regret. Good luck with getting them associated with OYOA.

My first reaction to your title - and now they even do simple arithmetic - seems like unnecessary feature creep . . . . ;)

So I'm just curious, since I try to maintain more than just a short-term memory. Have we forgotten that the NRA declared Yeti to be anti-2nd Amendment and all that? I wasn't part of this forum at the time, but on other forums, a lot of guys swore to never use Yeti again. At the time I thought the NRA had forgotten their own gun safety rules and shot themselves in the foot, so the ongoing story kind of intrigues me.

QQ

So I'm just curious, since I try to maintain more than just a short-term memory. Have we forgotten that the NRA declared Yeti to be anti-2nd Amendment and all that? I wasn't part of this forum at the time, but on other forums, a lot of guys swore to never use Yeti again. At the time I thought the NRA had forgotten their own gun safety rules and shot themselves in the foot, so the ongoing story kind of intrigues me.

QQ
Trying to dirty up this thread?

Trying to dirty up this thread?

I'm not trying to dirty the thread. Like I said, just remembering recent history. I'm confident @Big Fin wouldn't do business with Yeti if he thought they were anti-2nd Amendment, but I do remember the number of people ready to burn their coolers a couple years ago. Just shows that the tide can flow both ways.

For the record, I have a Yeti and use it frequently, though I wouldn't pay full retail for one.

QQ

QQ

NRA got pissed when Yeti changed the pricing on the products they provided to various companies. NRA wanted free rather than deeply discounted. I know some folks at Yeti and you won’t find a company with more pro 2A folks. That was a crappy thing the NRA did but I’m not going to pull my life membership over it...

QQ

This is a bit of a regurgitation of my comments when this topic came up a while back on Hunt Talk.

I'm an Endowment Life Member of the NRA. The NRA attack on YETI was a bunch of bullshit - the NRA knew it, the entire industry knows/knew it, and it is part of why a lot of people aren't too inclined to stick their neck out for the NRA with all the graft and corruption scandals they have going on.

At the time the NRA - YETI deal came about, I was sitting on another national non-profit board with the same exact protocols to do YETI branded merchandise and event discounts. YETI sent out a new protocol for how branded merchandise and non-profit event sales would be handled. No big deal. A bit more of an exercise, but it became such a large amount of work for YETI they had to get a better handle on it. Given every group was making huge amounts on the YETI product that was sold to them at extreme discounts and the branded licensing deals, nobody was inclined to complain ....... except one person on the NRA Board of Directors with access to their media machine.

Every organization was subjected to the same changes, not just the NRA. They were not singled out. Only one organization pitched a big fit with one of their well-paid Board Members taking it to the media as if YETI was hacking on the NRA. It was complete bullshit.

Did we hear of any other groups whining about having to do things differently to get huge discounts on very profitable merchandise? Nope, not a single other organization. Only the NRA. None of the hunting or conservation groups complained. None of the fishing groups complained. All were asked to do things a bit differently. Yet somehow if the NRA is asked to do something slightly different by a company, even a company that is adding huge dollars to their bottom line of event profits, somehow that company is anti-2A.

The NRA knew they were out of line and some had hoped to reel in the story after the sniveling Board Member took it to the media, but it was too late. The narrative was already out there and their media platforms and hosts had made a big deal of it without any knowledge of the actual facts.

Part of why we don't see anyone coming to the defense of the NRA with all of their problems is that the NRA will eat their young for a quick hit of publicity. Brands in the industry saw what happened to YETI with the NRA. That is a legacy of ridiculous behavior that the NRA now gets to sleep with.

YETI is not anti-2A. We in the hunting and shooting circles have entered that space where if some NRA Board Member with an axe to grind in their other business endeavors says it is so, it gets taken as the gospel with no fact check or requirement for background or context.

Last edited:
I was the winner of Randy's 4th of July instagram contest and received a 45 quart yeti tundra and 10 pounds of the wild Alaskan seafood box products, so overall I'm going to say I'm very happy with whatever direction Randy has taken with Yeti haha...I also have a Yeti hopper and they make great products

This is a bit of a regurgitation of my comments when this topic came up a while back on Hunt Talk.

I'm an Endowment Life Member of the NRA. The NRA attack on YETI was a bunch of bullshit - the NRA knew it, the entire industry knows/knew it, and it is part of why a lot of people aren't too inclined to stick their neck out for the NRA with all the graft and corruption scandals they have going on.

At the time the NRA - YETI deal came about, I was sitting on another national non-profit board with the same exact protocols to do YETI branded merchandise and event discounts. YETI sent out a new protocol for how branded merchandise and non-profit event sales would be handled. No big deal. A bit more of an exercise, but it became such a large amount of work for YETI they had to get a better handle on it. Given every group was making huge amounts on the YETI product that was sold to them at extreme discounts and the branded licensing deals, nobody was inclined to complain ....... except one person on the NRA Board of Directors with access to their media machine.

Every organization was subjected to the same changes, not just the NRA. They were not singled out. Only one organization pitched a big fit with one of their well-paid Board Members taking it to the media as if YETI was hacking on the NRA. It was complete bullshit.

Did we hear of any other groups whining about having to do things differently to get huge discounts on very profitable merchandise? Nope, not a single other organization. Only the NRA. None of the hunting or conservation groups complained. None of the fishing groups complained. All were asked too do things a bit differently. Yet somehow if the NRA is asked to do something slightly different by a company, even a company that is adding huge dollars to their bottom line of event profits, somehow that company is anti-2A.

The NRA knew they were out of line and some had hoped to reel in the story after the sniveling Board Member took it to the media, but it was too late. The narrative was already out there and their media platforms and hosts had made a big deal of it without any knowledge of the actual facts.

Part of why we don't see anyone coming to the defense of the NRA with all of their problems is that the NRA will eat their young for a quick hit of publicity. Brands in the industry saw what happened to YETI with the NRA. That is a legacy of ridiculous behavior that the NRA now gets to sleep with.

YETI is not anti-2A. We in the hunting and shooting circles have entered that space where if some NRA Board Member with an axe to grind in their other business endeavors says it is so, it gets taken as the gospel with no fact check or requirement for background or context.

Appreciate the insight, especially since it was sort of he said/she said at the time. I don't have a lot of opinions on coolers, so I'm happy to trust your judgment on sponsors, promo codes, and such. It just seems like a cautionary tale about avoiding the bandwagon/hype machine.

QQ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back