New Win M70 Extreme Weather 6.5 CM

tzone

Picked up a Winchester M70 Extreme Weather in everybody's new favorite cal. 6.5 CM.

Sweet little rifle and I can't wait to shoot it. The stock is "trimmer" than the Bell & Carlson's of a few years back they were sticking on them. That may bet swapped out for a McMillian Edge fill in the future. But, we'll shoot it as is for now and see what it comes up with.

It will be topped with a Leupold of course. Which one do you guys think should go on it? 400 yards would be the absolute max I'd ever shoot a critter. And at this time, it's the max I can shoot around here too.

Congrats on the new rifle. I'd go with a VX5 2-10x model. I put one of those on a Tikka in 6.5 CM and it worked out very well.

1” 3i 4.5-14 is what I put on the wife’s and I really like it. I am actually going to replace my VX6 3-18 with one. It is Light weight and everything that gun needs. The VX6 is heavy and over kill.

VX3i's are just plain ol hard to beat. I own and have really tried to like a VX5 but have decided their mounting space is a PITA. The last 3i purchased from Predator (schmalts here on the forum), a 4.5x14 CDS w/ a 30mm tube, is superb on a Rem CDL .257 Wby Mag.

IMO not a better price per feature ratio out there.

I do have one of those on my .280 Rem and like it a lot. It very well may get the nod. CDS or no?

I don't understand why you would want to with a 10x when you can get a 14x with just as clear of glass for less money? I doubt that most human Eyes can detect the difference between the Vx5 and Vx3i if all the parameters are the same.

I have a Vx5 3-15 and while it is nice, I sure cant tell the optic difference between the 4.5-14 if they are on the same power.

I don't understand why you would want to with a 10x when you can get a 14x with just as clear of glass for less money? I doubt that most human Eyes can detect the difference between the Vx5 and Vx3i if all the parameters are the same.

I have a Vx5 3-15 and while it is nice, I sure cant tell the optic difference between the 4.5-14 if they are on the same power.

I didn't say I was going to get it. I said it probably get the nod. My eyes can definitely tell the difference between the VX3 and VX5. I have 3 or 4 VX3's.

I do have one of those on my .280 Rem and like it a lot. It very well may get the nod. CDS or no?

Sorry for the late reply, but yes - I have the CDS dial. I really like the zero stop feature and I think that's something that the VX3 models lack. I've not shot past 500 yds with it, but found it to be very useful thus far.

400 yards and under: VX3i 3.5x10.

If you want to stretch it out for fun, then the 4.5x14.

I'd buy a VX5, but the price per value for the VX3i is just so hard to beat.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back