New Walleye Rig!

NoWiser

After years of drooling over my dream boat, I finally pulled the trigger on it this past weekend. My dad and I are each in the process of selling our current boats (which never get used at the same time) and bought this one together. It should be great for our trips to Canada for lakers, muskies, and eyes, and the big lakes in northern MN for walleyes. It was an exciting weekend picking it up, test driving it, and switching over electronics. Now, I just need to get a healthy dose of walleye slime rubbed into the carpet so it smells right :D

Lund 1825 Pro Guide with a 90 Yamaha 4-Stroke with electronic RPM control. iPilot trolling motor up front. Hopefully a lot of fish will be caught and memories made in this boat. A month from now I'll be in Canada for a full week of nothing but fishing. It's hard enough waiting for the trip to get here on a normal year, let alone when you've got a new (used) boat to break in!

Nice rig. I just acquired one as well but not as nice as yours! I leave Friday for some PTO through the 5th. Heading to Osakis.

Man I would love another boat and this is about what I'm looking at, I'm jelly... Enjoy !

You will love that I-pilot!!

That's what I've heard! I'm really excited to have it. So much of my fishing in Canada is over tiny reefs for walleyes or jigging over groups of lakers in deep water. Boat control was always a struggle. Now I just have to hit the anchor button and I can concentrate on fishing.

The outboard has a tiller assist system, which means that unless I'm physically putting pressure on the tiller handle, the motor cannot turn. It will be a lot safer at high speeds, but I can also drop the downriggers, dial the RPMs down on the big motor, and leave the iPilot to do the steering for me while I relax and enjoy a beverage. I can't wait to fish out of this thing!!

I have only used mine a few times, but so far it is every bit as good as the commercials. I have never been able to control a boat in wind like I can now. It is awesome to plot a course and not have to worry about steering!

I also got the boat of my dreams this year. I absolutely love it as well. The iPilot is awesome as is everything else on the boat. I just got back from spending a week in it in Canada and smiled the whole week! and did we catch the walleyes? Uffda! Hunerts of walleyes were boated. I brought 2 kids with and it sure was fun watching them catch walleye after walleye after walleye.

You will love that boat, sure looks like it will be fun to fish out of!

Back