Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New toy - mounting question

The only problem you might encounter with leaving the sights on, is not being able to put a lens cover on the front of the scope if it ends up being too close to the rear sight. Depending, of course, what type of lens cover you choose.

I used to have a 700 BDL like that in 30.06. First thing that I did was remove the iron sights (which I never used anyway) and installed the plugs as you said. Was a nice gun...had a trigger job done, and the stock shortened with a recoil pad added. Killed my biggest buck ever with that gun, shouldn't have sold it.

Last edited:
Nice rifle. That's what I got for my first rifle. A 700 in .30-06
Me too back in 1975. It sort of evolved over the years just like I did.

ioas6Z0.jpg

The only problem you might encounter with leaving the sights on, is not being able to put a lens cover on the front of the scope if it ends up being too close to the rear sight. Depending, of course, what type of lens cover you choose.
If ya leave the sights, a strip of an old tire inner tube makes a good lens cover.

Me too back in 1975. It sort of evolved over the years just like I did.

ioas6Z0.jpg
Nice.

I'm wanting to put a bigger recoil pad on mine. I think the only mistake I made was I probably shouldn't have gotten the detachable magazine. For some reason I thought that would be useful, but it came from the factory with an issue that I have to push up on it to chamber additional rounds. Probably will try an aftermarket mag and see if that fixes it.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back