New toy in the 'toy box'!

DGF

It's great being me! I'm retiring my Reflex Bighorn hunter and am shooting my new Mathews Legacy! Let me tell you, I love it. So far I only have one squirrel kill, but there is still some deer season left. I'm all ready shooting it better than my 'old' bow and with practice I'll be wacking em dead. Anyhow... I'm off to shoot!

DGF, where did you get your bow?? My dad is looking for one but can't find them any where for less than $700. He has a 29" draw and needs a 60-70 pound pull and needs a right handed bow, if you know of anywhere where I could get one for cheaper let me know. Good luck on the up coming deer hunt!! What distances are you shooting with your Legacy??

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-01-2002 14:32: Message edited by: trophy_killer ]</font>

I am shooting a martin pride that is moving arrows at 275" sec. It is getting old as technology dictates, but is still a very good bow..The Parker Lite is a very good bow, just feels very smooth, has a short draw and is a very short bow, good in brushl. It is supposed to be able to sail arrows very well. Have your dad get on the internet and look up manufacurers. There are litterally hundreds of bows to choose from. Next time you come up to Id. Maybe take a run to Butte, Gary at Rockie Mountain Archery can fix him up with a hunting rig that he can use for years and years for far less than seven bills... :D

TK- I had a little early help from Santa Clause this year. He was generous and knew how much I would appreciate it before the late deer season. Around here you can get them for about $675. Out in California, I don't know. I've got it sighted in at 20 yards right now but will probably set pins at possibly 25, 30, 35 and 40 yards. I'll probably only shoot out to thirty if that because of some thick stuff where I hunt.

I know that Russ but the Legacy is what he wants. Once he makes up his mind he sticks to it so he is probably going to get one. Now if he would hurry up and buy one so I can get the bow he has now that I'm good with!! :D

DGF- Congrats on the new bow!!!! :D

Do you think you'll need pins at every 5 yards? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but as fast as that shoots they can't be too far apart. For me, the fewer the better. Keeps me from using the wrong one!
Heck, for years I just used one pin at 20, but taught myself to shoot to 40. Just learned where to hold at a given distance. Just some FYI. Again congrats!

If I remember, next time I'm in Butte, I will ask Gary if he carries them. Who makes the Legacy...? :D

Good, that is what Gary sells, I will call him tomorrow..
e-mail your dad's specifics on what he wants on the bow, and I will send you a quote, this is also going to be tax free, so that will help also...
[email protected]
:D

1-Pointer: I probably wont need pins at every 5 yards, but I will have them that way if I shoot 3-D next summer. As for hunting I'll see just how fast I'm spitting the arrows out. If the pins are close, with the fiber optic pins they tend to blurr so I probably wont. I will probably just do a 20, 30, 35, 40 if needed. Time will tell, as well as my shooting abilities.

Hey TK I can get the bow for $575. Dont know about shipping and stuff but let me know if you want and Ill check it out.

I just got a Mathews Q2 and found no need to even have a 20 yard pin because drop is so minimal. I have 30,40,50,60,70 pins and they are all really close together as it is. I guess it also depends on draw weight and legnth.

If you could check on the shipping and all that junk it would be great. Where is this place at?? Do they have a website?? Thanks!!

Greg!!!
The price on the Legacy here in Butte for a stripped down bow is $675. Don't know if that helps alot or not. But it is a little better price... :D

TK the shop is called ZW archery it is here in Phoenix, AZ. I left a message just now will find out about shipping and post again when he calls me back.

edit: Nope no website. He might be a redneck but he knows his stuff when it comes to archery.LOL

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-05-2002 10:54: Message edited by: FEW ]</font>

Just talked to him the bow actually went up a little. I can get it for $600 and since you live in California there wont be any sales tax so youd be saving around $40 there. He said shipping is around $10 dollars and the bow comes in a box that is safe for shipping already. so the total would be $610. I can also get 10% off any accessories for the bow if you would be adding anything to it and of course no tax on that stuff either. Shoot me an email if you still want one.
[email protected]

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back