Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New to western hunting

nduling

Planning a hunt to hunt Idaho 2021. With that being said, being a non resident I am going to apply for a elk, deer rifle B tag on December 1.
So my questions:
1) When does the 2021-2022 season dates come out?
2) Do new rules and regulation come out the same time?
3) Do these rules and dates come out before Dec 1?
4) If not, can I return my tag or sell it, if I then cant go?

I need all the help I can get. Eastern states seem to have clear cut rules. Western states seem to make it as confusing as possible.

I think it depends on what your used to, I find the East coast to be more confusing as I started hunting in the west.

For all western states general rules and regs are published in the spring, you apply, quotas for units come out in the summer after biologists do population counts.

Most states don’t allow you to return tags for a full refund, CO is the only one I know of, no state in the US (to my knowledge) allows you to sell or transfer a tag. Some states give landowners vouchers which can be sold and then redeemed for a tag, that tag is not transferable.

Last edited:
Yeah, it can be confusing looking at any new state. In ID you won't be applying for tags on Dec 1st - you will be buying them. You can still apply for deer/elk/pronghorn controlled hunts next May, which you might as well since you will have bought license/tags already. A little google help for ya: https://idfg.idaho.gov/licenses/forms/nonresident-refund

The 2021-2022 seasons for deer and elk will be very similar dates, just changing by a day or two. But probably won't be released until April. If they are going to make any changes to NR capped zones they will do that before the tags go on sale Dec 1.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back