New to Turkey Hunting-Need a Turkey Gun

RugerHawg413

I going to be turkey hunting for the first time next spring here in AR. And I need a good turkey shotgun, any and all suggestions are very appreciated! Thank you!

Do you already own a shotgun? Put a turkey choke in it and you're good to go...heck, you might not even need that, my shotgun patterns great with a standard full choke and Federal 3rd Degree turkey loads...
Yeah, I have Remington 870 Wingmaster 28'' barrel, so I was kind of wanting to get a separate one just for turkey hunting. Thanks for the reply!

Winchester SXP Long Beard 20ga. It is an awesome setup. I have an Indian Creek choke and shooting Appex 9s

My bad, I forgot to say that I am left eye dominant so I shoot left handed guns. I do not have to have a left handed shotgun but, it would be my preference. Thanks!

My bad, I forgot to say that I am left eye dominant so I shoot left handed guns. I do not have to have a left handed shotgun but, it would be my preference. Thanks!
I'm lefthanded. I don't have any issues with shells ejecting in your face.

I don't even think they have left haded shotguns, but I'm probably wrong.

I actually prefer single shot full choke 12 gauges when not trampling through the mnts.

Get a Browning BPS. It can be used by either right or left handed hunters.
My brother has killed a pile of gobblers with his BPS.

Since you are already familiar with an 870, another with a LH safety would be an easy transition. I'd do the youth model with a thick aftermarket recoil pad and a red dot clamped or screwed onto the vent rib.

After you get it all sighted in with your TSS load and choke, don't take it apart to clean. Just use a bore snake.

I'm LH, btw. I use break actions for turkeys. They ambidextrous and quiet to unload and reload when crossing fences and creeks.

Browning BPS and Ithaca 37 are both bottom eject so can be used either side. Benelli Super black eagle 2 or the newer 3 are made for left hand but there have been some point of impact issues with the 3, so I would look for a SBE 2 if going that route.
But if I were going to buy a dedicated turkey gun I'd be looking seriously at the Remington V3 turkey pro, not sure if it comes in a left.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back