Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New to site form South Dakota.

Sdhunters

Have been a follower for some time and am really grateful for all the information available to new hunters. Have been on a couple of rifle hunts for elk and am really looking forward to archery hunting one soon. Getting a late start in life on elk hunting but feel it is now or never.

I am new also. Just joined this month and know nothing about forums. I understand your feelings about starting this late in life. I am 60 years old but still feel like I am 30 years young. However, that doesn't negate the fact I have diabetes. I have dreamt all my life about going on a week long hunting trip but family came first. Well the only thing I can say to you is go do it, don't wait much longer and have fun. May GOD he with you and provide you with an exceptional trophy to be proud of. Take care.

Thank you! Waiting on SD elk tag someday. 16 PP in rifle draw and that held me back for going elsewhere for a few years thinking I would draw...now applying elsewhere and figure if I get out of state and SD tag at the same time then how lucky!

Welcome from another fellow S. Dakotan. I used to wait to hunt through a draw in SD (point creep is real) and finally decided to just go 3 years ago to Montana once and Colorado last 2. It is truly addicting and wish I had done it sooner. I know everyone says that. And I have not even shot an elk yet! But the encounters still get the heart rate up thinking about them even today. You won't regret trying out of state while you apply at home. And Colorado you can wait to get your tag until after you find out about the SD draw.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back