MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New (to me) truck.

Shangobango

I bit the bullet and upgraded. Needed a more reliable and comfortable vehicle for traveling and for far from home hunts.

2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road with 38,000 miles.

192161C6-74D9-49E0-8268-320E6C776BEF.jpeg

This is the old one that I am keeping as well. 300,000 on it. Excuse the boxes, headed to the dump.

8EC0F1EF-34C7-43AE-AA08-D3B0000A95AE.jpeg

Attachments

• F943B3FA-254A-4E5A-A0A6-D7F881DA280B.jpeg
    F943B3FA-254A-4E5A-A0A6-D7F881DA280B.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
Clean looking truck, congrats! Also, the economy thanks you because I don't imagine a ton of people are buying at the moment

Thanks!

I thought the same about the lack of people buying. The dealer I got this one from said that they slowed down for a couple of weeks but have been right around normal since. I found that odd especially due to the fact that the oil field accounts for so many jobs around here.

I won't drive anything but Toyota. My Tundra has 141,000 on it. It is as good as when I brought it home in 2010. I run Amsoil synthetic only in it and have Toyota service the tranny every 60,000 miles.

Thanks!

I thought the same about the lack of people buying. The dealer I got this one from said that they slowed down for a couple of weeks but have been right around normal since. I found that odd especially due to the fact that the oil field accounts for so many jobs around here.
Good news for the economy, but I'm shocked too by that. Not what I would have expected

Nice looking rides. I like keeping an old beater around for local stuff. They certainly have a lot more character developed than a new truck.
I've seen it lots of times, farms keep the old truck as a work truck and when the fancy town truck is broken down in the shop (as the new ones often do) you see the old trucks as the go to trucks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: LCH
Had a 09 Taco for 7 years/120,000 miles. Not a single issue and sold it back to a dealer for 65% of what I paid new. Sold it because I had to go work in Europe for a while and couldn't take it. Would have gotten I new one when I got back except for the one weak spot in my opinion.......the tiny bed :( I just needed an 8 foot bed several times a year. Soooo, I went to an old truck (Doug now) and a motorcycle (did have a leased car for a couple of years). I have never know anyone with a Taco who had any real problems. Congrats!!

I've got a 01' Tacoma with 140k Miles that I absolutely love. I've about pulled the trigger on a New Tacoma several times this spring but haven't done it yet. 2 Reasons: 1st, My 01' Runs Perfect and 2nd, Finding a new Tacoma with a manual transmission is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

I have a 2017 Taco Off-road and love the truck. Wish it has a bit of a longer bed a few times a year but...overall, very happy. I keep it low miles (25K now). It will more than likely become my son’s in 6 years when he is 18.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back