New to Hunt Talk!

MichiganMan

Hello Everybody,
My name is Jeff and I'm from Michigan. The deer herd here has kept me busy chasing deer but the quality of deer found on state land is poor. So my passion changed over to waterfowl hunting as the ducks are plentiful and the so is the opportunity on public land. Three years ago I finished school and am now able to go on the hunts that I have always dreamed of. While watching all the hunts on TV the public land were the most challenging. That is the reason why I joined Randy's forum so I can network with fellow hunters that are interested in the challenge of public land hunting. My current experience is wyoming and south dakota for whitetail. I look forward to learning more about elk as I plan to hunt them in the near future. Now to start collecting preference points.

Welcome to the site, and good luck with your elk hunting plans. Please don't wait until you have a fistful of points before you hunt elk, though. Pick a state or two and accrue some points. In the meantime, pick a state like MT or CO where you can hunt elk every year and get after it! It's great to get out and chase elk!

Last edited:
Plan now for next year and go. that's what I did now. I hunt 4 or 5 states a year. Hunting in other states is way better than Michigan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back