new to elk hunting

Jackcsr

Bowhunted the last 2 years in Montana public land. I opted out this year because of other family things. Now I'm regretting that decision and the closer the season gets...the more I obsess. I'm wondering if anyone can share info on how to pick up an over the counter tag and possible areas to hunt, and where to stay. I heard this is possible in Colorado. Just don't know how to get started. Thanks, Jack

check out the resources link on top of this page. Click on the state you want. You can get a lot of your info there Co and Id are otc choices.
If your going bow hunting get with it, as season is around the corner. Pick the unit you want with Otc, and public land and as far as staaying depends on what you want ,camping,motel, etc.

Actually there was a post recently that Montana was selling the tags of people who turned theirs back in after not being drawn on limited entry units.

You might not be too late.

I thought there was still around 500 tags left in Mt.,but they could have went quick.
You must be talking about cow tags in Wy
If I were you, I'd contact Mt. ASAP and see if you can get a tag and hunt a familiar area.If not theres plenty of opportunity in Co.I know the obsession you speak of.I'm an elk junky too,but I have a Mt. tag for this year.I'm a little over 3 weeks from departure here for 2 weeks in the woods with the elk

Thanks for all the advice. I'm working on getting somewhere. Good luck Mixedbag. Let me know how you make out. What part of Mt. you going to ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back