Yeti GOBOX Collection

New Sako 90

I hope it does well for Sako. Sako rifles are, IMO, in a class of their own that for whatever reason have never gained as much traction in the US as they should. If the 90 action uses the same inlets and magazines as the 85 I think this could be a turning point and do very well for Sako. The magazine and safety are the best design of any rifle (for hunting/stalking) IMO. They usually have very high price tags though.

I hope it does well for Sako. Sako rifles are, IMO, in a class of their own that for whatever reason have never gained as much traction in the US as they should. If the 90 action uses the same inlets and magazines as the 85 I think this could be a turning point and do very well for Sako. The magazine and safety are the best design of any rifle (for hunting/stalking) IMO. They usually have very high price tags though.
I'm watching the video right now. Interested to see what they've come out with.

They are amazing rifles. They've gained some traction through Tikka in the States. Hopefully the 90 grows their reputation here!

I grew up on a Sako Forester in .243 Win, which is both a tack driver and a joy to shoot.

My brother has a Sako AV in .300 Winmag and I have a Tikka in .300 Winmag and both are great guns. I got the Tikka shortly after they hit the States (2003 or 2004?) and paid 330 for that gun. I wish I would have bought a couple more :)

I did watch the Sako 90 video - might be a good time to get a mid caliber (.25 / 6.5 / .28). Problem is, I don't *need* it....

I grew up on a Sako Forester in .243 Win, which is both a tack driver and a joy to shoot.

My brother has a Sako AV in .300 Winmag and I have a Tikka in .300 Winmag and both are great guns. I got the Tikka shortly after they hit the States (2003 or 2004?) and paid 330 for that gun. I wish I would have bought a couple more :)

I did watch the Sako 90 video - might be a good time to get a mid caliber (.25 / 6.5 / .28). Problem is, I don't *need* it....
I had an 85 and it was a fantastic gun. The stupidest decision I ever made gun-wise was selling it

More bling. I have a browning xbolt long range and it's as good as anything out there at half the price of a sako.

I had a beautiful A V in .375 that was not as accurate as my Model 70 Super Grade, so had it made into a .257 STW. Like a laser beam. I do have to say though, for the price, the wood is meh.

My 338 win mag is built on a sako IV action. It's a hell of a shooter and it's smooth, accurate, never any issues feeding or ejecting.

I might have to build a rifle on the sako 90 action once they're available!

Owned and hunted a FinnLight 270wsm 75, 85 Stnlss Syn 300wsm, and an 85 FinnLight 300winmag...Jr has the 270 & 300short nowadays and the SIL has the 300winmag...best out of box rifles I've ever used. Took most of my western critters with the 300wizzum, 180 ABs & no dial. The 90s look interesting but...

...the Rem 700 tinkerer's curse happened.

Last edited:
I had a fin light in 270, one of the most accurate and best handling rifles I’ve ever had. Only two complaints were the lack of ring options and the ridiculously expensive extra magazines from Sako.
The lack of ring options was addressed it looks like with the Sako 90. Now they have the picatinny rail built on to the action!

Thank God they finally got rid of that dove tail optilock system and fixed the ejection angle.
The lack of ring options was addressed it looks like with the Sako 90. Now they have the picatinny rail built on to the action!
Only on some of the models. The more classic ones have the optilock and the modern-er ones have pic rails.

Owned and hunted a FinnLight 270wsm 75, 85 Stnlss Syn 300wsm, and an 85 FinnLight 300winmag...Jr has the 270 & 300short nowadays and the SIL has the 300winmag...best out of box rifles I've ever used. Took most of my western critters with the 300wizzum, 180 ABs & no dial. The 90s look interesting but...

...the Rem 700 tinkerer's curse happened.
That's exactly what happened to me and why I no longer have my 85.

The rifles are available in a very wide range of calibers. in addition to the "classics", more unusual calibers are also on the list. Barrel lengths are 61, 57 or 51 centimeters, depending on the model and caliber. According to our information, prices for the new Sako 90 start from 2,500 euros. ( 2718.82 USD )

Back