Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New rifle package for competition shooting

std7mag

Just ran accross a new rifle package aimed at the new person in competition shooting.
Gunwerks Firestarter.
Price unknown, i didn't check out their website, found new within the hour released video on Youtube.

Just passing along.

For what it’s designed for, it’s not an awful price. I feel like it’s priced way better than the rest of the Gunwerks line
I leave to others to judge its relative value, but $5k is more than a “dabble” price in my book. Their website says, “It’ll allow you to dabble . . .” - A RPR or a TAC1 are solid beginner guns for more than dabbling at a third the price.

Yes there are cheaper ways to get into the sport but for a basically a custom barreled action in a nice chassis with optic and the accessories, it’s not too bad of a price. I could see it being pretty appealing for the guy that wants to play but doesn’t know where to start

Yes there are cheaper ways to get into the sport but for a basically a custom barreled action in a nice chassis with optic and the accessories, it’s not too bad of a price. I could see it being pretty appealing for the guy that wants to play but doesn’t know where to start
Didn’t realize scope came with it for that price - so, $1100 for scope and rings and $3900 for rifle. It may be a good value (or not) since I don’t know requirements of PRC, but could still cut the price in half by putting the same scope on a RAP or TAC1 and my guess is a “beginner” would be just as competitive. I am not cricitsing the rifle or those who want quasi custom rifle at those prices, just quibbling with their marketing lingo. YMMV

I don’t disagree that a RPR or tikka would suffice as there are a lot of guys that shoot those rifle quit well but you’re comparing apples to oranges. There’s a big difference in components used between the rifle in question and the two you mentioned. And you’re still off on the price as there’s some other goodies involved but whatever. I could care less as I’ll never own one but I just thought I’d point out it might be worth reading the whole description before injecting your opinion.

I don’t disagree that a RPR or tikka would suffice as there are a lot of guys that shoot those rifle quit well but you’re comparing apples to oranges. There’s a big difference in components used between the rifle in question and the two you mentioned. And you’re still off on the price as there’s some other goodies involved but whatever. I could care less as I’ll never own one but I just thought I’d point out it might be worth reading the whole description before injecting your opinion.
I am glad you posted and wasn’t trying to irritate you, just offering my reaction (which stands even with the scope add-in). sheesh

$5K is reasonable. I started with a 700 5R in 308. Added bottom metal and an optic and shot it for a year. Rebarrel to a 6.5 Creedmoor, trued the action and put it in a Mcmillan A5. By the time it was all said and done it was about 4K. PRS is an expensive game to play. Your rifle is just the beginning. $2-300 match fee, couple hundred rounds of ammo, travel, lodging, meals all add up quick. Now the match directors are putting more pistol in so add the cost of a decent semiauto, retention holster, belt, mags, mag pouches... Slippery slope.

$5K is reasonable. I started with a 700 5R in 308. Added bottom metal and an optic and shot it for a year. Rebarrel to a 6.5 Creedmoor, trued the action and put it in a Mcmillan A5. By the time it was all said and done it was about 4K. PRS is an expensive game to play. Your rifle is just the beginning. $2-300 match fee, couple hundred rounds of ammo, travel, lodging, meals all add up quick. Now the match directors are putting more pistol in so add the cost of a decent semiauto, retention holster, belt, mags, mag pouches... Slippery slope.
I wish I had time to try it - my wife is glad I don't as I probably don't need another expensive hobby :)

I keep telling myself, Whittington...next year, each year.

The Firestarter is not overpriced...and I'm thinking 4995 is the shelf price.

I shot 3 gun and thought it was expensive till I tried precision rifle. It's fun and addictive as hell. My work schedule has been crazy for the last year or so, but I'll shoot a couple matches this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back