Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

New Pants

bigdogg2278

Need to get a new pair of pants for my September elk hunt look at Sitka Ascent pants maybe but open to others, what are some you guys have used for a lighter weight pant that is good for running around the mountains?

KUIU attack pants! Sizing is smaller so if you're 38 you'll need a 40. By far the most comfortable pants in my closet!

Duluth Trading Co. Dry on the Fly Flex. Really like these pants... I've also used Kuhl and liked them as well.

You won't look nearly as cool wearing these non-camo pants, but they're well made and in expensive.

I think I'm gonna have to try some of those Duluth's once the microtex bites the dust. Look just like what I'd like...

Some other's of the same ilk can be had at REI. The REI Igneo and Prana Stretch Zion look like they'd work as well.

I have heard great stuff about the attack pants only kicker is i have a ton of gift cards and Cabelas $$$ so i have to buy there

In my own opinion, you couldn't go wrong with the new First Lute Kanab 2.0 or the Corrugate

Duluth Trading Co. Dry on the Fly Flex. Really like these pants... I've also used Kuhl and liked them as well.

You won't look nearly as cool wearing these non-camo pants, but they're well made and in expensive.

+1. I have the Ascent pants as well, and they are good pants, but the Duluth Trading company stuff is really good and pretty cheep. I am not sure I see myself buying another pair of camo pants. Nikwax the seat and knees, and you are good to go.

MT Bear 2015 6.jpg

I have heard great things from the Duluth clothing as well. That being said, I have KUIU and FirstLite clothing and you can't go wrong with either of those. I am interested in the FirstLite corrugate pants but I have to wait until my Attacks bite the dust to try them out (wifes words, not mine).

I wear the 90% pants and jacket on Sept elk hunts,and Oct rifle hunts for that matter.I like having the suspenders so my pants don't get caught up under my boots climbing over the countless fallen timber out in elk country.The mountain pants or knabs will be my next purchase for a back up pair

I haven't worn them in the field yet, but I just got a pair of First Lite Corrugate pants and they seem awesome, real lightweight but durable, DWR finish, breathable, Fusion camo pattern seems useful all over the place. I plan on using them for 90% of the hunting I do. Only time I probably won't use them is if I hunt here in IL during the late deer season and it's -10 degrees.

YzGFEiBl.jpg

I just ordered a pair of the dry on the fly pants this morning for wearing casually. My first pair of Duluth Trading company clothes. If I like them I am going to try the Black hills pants.

Regarding the Dry on the Fly Flex pants, I can't imagine them being very quiet. Nylon is not a good material for quiet when trying to sneak through the woods. Any experience from anyone on the noise level?

Love my Attack pants. I have ripped out the back pocket, but everything else is still great on them. Not bad for 4+ years of use. I liked them so much, I picked up a second pair 2 years ago for replacement. They have yet to be worn.

Regarding the Dry on the Fly Flex pants, I can't imagine them being very quiet. Nylon is not a good material for quiet when trying to sneak through the woods. Any experience from anyone on the noise level?

They're not nylon in the sense you are thinking. They are very similar in feel to the other "hunting" pants mentioned above. Might even be made from the same material.

I have zero worries about the sound of nylon when hunting. The swish doesn't carry far, and hasn't hurt my kill ratio. I don't bow hunt that much anymore, but have taken quite a few animals inside 50 yards while wearing some form of nylon/cordura on my back, or body. Mater of fact I snuck up on 3 different groups of elk last fall to 30 yards while wearing the noisy nylon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back