Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New Oregon bow hunter. HELP!

HuntJaxx

Hi all,

I’m new to bow hunting and hunting in general and looking for some guidance. Pre-season scouting looked great, then high fire danger shut down areas I have scouted. Got permission for private that borders scouted areas but it’s been brutal. Questions are as follows: 1. I’ve found great sign on game trails but not sure if it’s advisable to actually walk those trails because of scent. 2. The area I’m hunting has one older clear cut that’s not been re-planted, a new cut that’s semi-decent for forage and some edges, and tons of really thick nasty Oregon vegetation all around that. I’m not seeing anything other than 2 does that gave me the slip, and accidentally busted out a couple bucks at different spots in really dense cover. Also not sure if maybe makeshift ground blinds or still hunting areas with good sign would be better. Ideas? Advice? Should I stick to the area or look for something else? Thanks in advance!

Hunt the transition zone between where they bed,the thick stuff.And thier feeding area.Probably the new cut you mentioned.Look for the game trails in between,and set up where you have a good field of view.Good luck.:cool:

Thanks for the guidance on this. Helps a lot to have experienced folks point me in the right direction. Good luck to you as well.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back