Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New Mexico Unit 22 Mule Deer

danwolf

Hello y’all. I drew a September archery deer tag in NM unit 22. I generally have some spots picked out and and plan to hunt the pinyon juniper country. I don’t think I’ll stick to water much as I had a good lesson last year chasing a buck that took a week to relocate.

If anyone is familiar with the unit, are the mule deer there densely populated? Or scarce in places and lots in certain areas? I’ve seen that in a near by AZ unit I’ve hunted last year otc.

Is there good deer density in the higher country on the western edge of unit 16B?

Is there access issues on southern part getting to the public through the private land? I’m interested in the area by Gila river on the southern part and see the road there runs through private up to the National forest boundary.

Hello y’all. I drew a September archery deer tag in NM unit 22. I generally have some spots picked out and and plan to hunt the pinyon juniper country. I don’t think I’ll stick to water much as I had a good lesson last year chasing a buck that took a week to relocate.

If anyone is familiar with the unit, are the mule deer there densely populated? Or scarce in places and lots in certain areas? I’ve seen that in a near by AZ unit I’ve hunted last year otc.

Is there good deer density in the higher country on the western edge of unit 16B?

Is there access issues on southern part getting to the public through the private land? I’m interested in the area by Gila river on the southern part and see the road there runs through private up to the National forest boundary.
If you like to hike, id recommend checking out the Sheridan Gulch area. Old burn scars with plenty of food down in the canyons. and running water in the small stream. Turkey creek road should be able to get you into most of the eastern edge of 22, once you are up there its rugged terrain.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back