Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New Mexico Unit 12 2nd Archery Dream Hunt

Awesome write up and congrats on the success and great trip with your dad!

Thanks for sharing - it was really interesting to read and looking forward to walking this area next week!

StickBuck Great hunt with you and your dad. I have a unit 12 first rifle hunt have never hunted this unit before. I have already had small run in with a private ranch owner. was just driving and looking for a decent place to set up a camp.. Is there any way to might give me some advice at my age i'm sure this will be my last elk hunt..Any thing will help.. Thanks. Tired Old Man!!

How has your hunt gone? I am unit 12 in just over 4 weeks.
I expect to have a land owner tag for fall of 2024. I would appreciate some discussion about your experience in unit 12? What worked for you? Glassing from Mesas into the flats? Was the amount of private discouraging? Are there animals off the private?

I expect to have a land owner tag for fall of 2024. I would appreciate some discussion about your experience in unit 12? What worked for you? Glassing from Mesas into the flats? Was the amount of private discouraging? Are there animals off the private?
I’d make sure it was a unit wide landowner tag in case the elk aren’t on the ranch you are hunting.

Back