New Mexico Newbie

pointman

Seen the site for awhile, finally registered. I bow hunt anything I get a chance(or a tag) to hunt. My favorite of course is elk. I've been in NM since 93, before that I was stationed in Ca. I was born and raised in the Willamette Valley of the great state of Oregon. I still miss the hunting and fishing up there, but not enough to give up NM for its archery tags yet. I hope to get to know and or meet some new hunting fanatics on here.

Welcome. I think all of us love archery hunting NM, the same as you do. Hell, I love archery or rifle hunting NM, for antelope, deer, or elk.

Look forward to seeing your pics and hearing your stories. Appears to be a pretty good story in the bull you are hold for your avatar.

Thanks for the welcome. It is hard to beat all the game and exotic game NM has to offer, lotta people just think its sand and sagebrush, and thats alright by me! Better draw odds that way! That bull in the avatar is my personal best to date. He's a 7x7 and was actually on his last year or so, definatly in the decline. One of the guys at our camp also got a 6x6 that same evening. We were both exited when we got to camp till we really thought about the all nighter we were gonna pull!

Welcome! Looking forward to some photos and hunting stories from you.

My son and I both drew our first choice hunts this year for deer and elk so hopefully,,,p.s. only 27 more days till I leave!

Welcome pointman...heading to NM for a couple days this Thursday then on to Colorado...two of my favorite places.

Welcome pointman, Maybe see you in New Mexico this year. I have a 17 3rd week archery tag in my pocket, I hear it is going to be good this year. Post lots of picture with stories. Welcome.

YES !!!!!! New Mexico

I am moving there to retire and hunt as much as possible....keeping in shape with Sprint Trathlons and long bike rides ( no engine). I will be doing my first NM hunt next season for mule deer. I plan to do antelope on my own. Elk wiill take some planning and will follow my move there in 2012. The tv show is the best and so much more real than all the others that use guide services. keep up the good work there and good hunting to all of you.

Highmountain good luck to ya in 17, I stay in 15. Heading down next weekend to look around and show my son, who has yet to go there. Turkeyguy53 when you get here let me know and I can help you out on the elk, if youre not "too" retired. You still have to be able to get off the road to find the big ones!

Welcome Pointman, I live in NM also. That's why I hunt in AZ, AK, and PA. :) I was just down in the Gila this past weekend kicking around, my son had never been down there either (well not over by Datil). Looking forward to some pictures and stories.

--Bill

How is it looking down there this year? I sure hope it's green right now, and hot as heck in a couple weeks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back