New Mexico Gila Video

caseylavere

We all love to notch the tag on a mature Bull and fill the freezer with some 100% organic goodness but more often times then not it doesn't happen that way. We had a great year with some amazing hunts and everyone was a success....

http://youtu.be/a9lAkWE1twI

Nice video Case.

This nmelktrout guy (Cody) keeps popping up everywhere these days. You may recognize him from the Meat Eater episode this season when we chased pronghorn in some crazy hot temperatures in NE New Mexico. Dude with the GIANT glasses!!

Or possibly from Anthony Bourdain's CNN show Parts Unknown when they featured New Mexico. Once again, the guy with the GIANT glasses!!

Glad to see you are finally rocking contact again buddy. Although it was a "unique" look you had.

Cody aka nmelktrout has had his fair share of press this year......but by far this vid was his biggest. aka hollywoodelktrout!

I hope everyone enjoys this short video. It was a great hunt and we hunted our hearts out. While I do not consider myself a trophy hunter, I admittedly enjoy hunting mature animals - especially when I’m in a quality unit or am lucky enough to locate something mature. I dedicated that hunt to going after one bull and have zero regrets as I had a hell of a good time with friends and family. I would not have passed any of the bulls in the video in darned near any unit and was absolutely stoked to kill the first legal raghorn I got a crack at a week later here in Colorado. It took me a while, but I’ve gotten to the point where I’m really focusing on enjoying every moment of the hunt and not measuring my success by whether I killed an animal. I guess I realized that I had been focusing so much of my energy on getting an animal killed, that I was returning home disappointed after great hunts, only because I hadn’t killed anything. Hopefully this video portrays a little bit of the mentality I carry in the field. Casey also does solid work on his videos, which keep getting better and better.

As for the mating owl sounds. Imagine two great horned owls in one tree, hooting their brains out in high speed, with crazy clucks and purrs in between. Never heard anything like it!

-Cody

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back