Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New Mexico Draw Results Question?

Drew Elk and Deer rifle. Good deer unit. Awesome elk unit. 3rd straight year for elk. 😃

How much do you have to pay New Mexico wildlife officials to draw? This is 6 years of getting skunked and I’m throwing some units in that have a really decent draw chance. I figured it’s some sort of bribery/ good ole boy system there. 😂😂

How much do you have to pay New Mexico wildlife officials to draw? This is 6 years of getting skunked and I’m throwing some units in that have a really decent draw chance. I figured it’s some sort of bribery/ good ole boy system there. 😂😂

Depends on what you call a “decent draw chance”. I get the feeling that some of my first choices wouldn’t even make the third choice list for a lot of folks.

BigFin drew a third choice elk hunt a while back that’s in a unit I don’t even shoot for as a first choice.

Last edited:
Just got son situated with school and all that so hadnt looked at phone this morning...with 24 unread messages I knew something was up...

Partner/Buddy drew 16C (2nd rifle) so we are headed back to the Gila for a rematch!! I already know where we're starting :)

I struck out on everything, but doesn't matter now.

Depends on what you call a “decent draw chance”. I get the feeling that some of my first choices wouldn’t even make the third choice list for a lot of folks.

BigFin drew a third choice elk hunt a while back that’s in a unit I don’t even shoot for as a first choice.

Well my first choice had a 5%+ draw and my 3rd had close to a 20% chance so I’m not swinging for the fences and haven’t for a few years.

Well my first choice had a 5%+ draw and my 3rd had close to a 20% chance so I’m not swinging for the fences and haven’t for a few years.
Yeah...my rifle deer odds were 19%,55%, and 100%.

20% is only one in five years, with no reason to expect them to be distributed evenly. There’s an 11% chance of applying for a 20% hunt ten times and not drawing even once.

There’s also a very high chance of a 55% draw odds hunt being sucky. Lol. I struck out on my deer tag last year.

Yeah...my rifle deer odds were 19%,55%, and 100%.

20% is only one in five years, with no reason to expect them to be distributed evenly. There’s an 11% chance of applying for a 20% hunt ten times and not drawing even once.

There’s also a very high chance of a 55% draw odds hunt being sucky. Lol. I struck out on my deer tag last year.

I applied for a hunt 1 time with 100% odds the year before and I didn’t draw. 🤣

I’m not surprised I never draw tags with 5-20% odds.

I archery hunted elk there last year. Yep there’s elk literally everywhere. I was in multiple bulls multiple times everyday. If you want a good camp spot I’d be glad to share. It’s about 45 minutes down a gravel road by truck but I didn’t see another elk hunter there the whole week. I pretty much had 2 canyons to myself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back