New Mexico Bulls

My 11 year old son`s first bull elk hunt was by far the most memorable for me,,he harvested a nice 6x6 bull in unit 34, he definately earned that bull,his first bull was better than any of the bulls i`ve taken in 30 years

Here's some New Mexico bulls and great memories for ya'.

My wife and I were dating at the time, went on our first hunt together and I shot this bull only minutes into my hunt after calling him and another bull. My wife spotted him cross-canyon and after the kill, packed half of him out of a brutal canyon in the Gila. She now carries one of his ivories in her wedding ring:
Gila20072.jpg

I called this and a much larger bull in one incredible afternoon. I was watching a true 400" bull come across a juniper flat to a lone cow call when my buddy Tom who was set up downwind from me shot. The monster 6 in front of spun, threw his rack back and thundered. "He's going down" was all I heard from Tom. "No", I replied "You missed". As I turned I heard brush breaking 30 yards behind me and watched as this bull hit desert dirt....Tom didn't miss, he just didn't shoot the big bull.
TomandCody.jpg

All time favorite from Northern New Mexico. My father and life-long elk killing companion pulled this bull off of a wallow and through a herd of cows with an aggressive bugle. I shot him as he came running and screaming through the aspens.
2008SargentBull.jpg

My wife's first bull:
IMG_0764.jpg

A long story involving Gila wolves, and a solo hunt in flat Gila country in 60+ mph winds that ended in one long night...
IMG_0768.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back